Ft. Lauderdale - Flight time

carlharper

The best airfare I've found for our December cruise has a departure flight time from FLL at 12:22 pm. Will that allow enough time to disembark and get to the airport? We will be on Celebrity's Century.

I had the same question as I will be travelling with Princess. Was told that flights could be scheduled starting at 10:30 am. Let ship know and they will get us off early.

Dont know what Celebrity's policy is but may be worth a call.

you should be ok, the taxi ride to the airport is quick. The only issue you might have is that security can get backed up with all of the cruse ship passengers leaving, but you will be ahead of the main rush.

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Saturdays and Sundays are the worst at the Ft Lauderdale airport.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]We have gotten off a plane around 11:30 AM and walked by security to go to baggage claim and have seen the security line snaking all over the place, even longer than the ropes they have to keep people in line.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
:)

you should be fine. i just got back on HAL's Zuiderdam on 7/17. as we pulled into Port Everglades at 7 am we saw Celebrity's Century already docked and it appeared that they had arrived quite a bit before we did. our ship was finally cleared by customs around 8:45 am so I would assume that the Century's pax got off even earlier. The taxi ride from the port to the airport is only 10-15 minutes, so you should have plenty of time to make your flight home!

Archived