Hotel in LB w/Parking for cruise?

I35

The hotels with the park and sail tend to be expensive. We are leaving on 4/8/07 and booked the Hyatt through priceline for $60/night. Even with having to pay for parking at the pier we come out ahead and stay at a nice hotel.

How did you get the Hyatt for 60.00 on priceline. I have been trying constantly, and have increased my bid today for 65.00 with no luck. Please give me some details how you got it for 60.00. We are cruising in June/07. Thanks.....

How did you get the Hyatt for 60.00 on priceline. I have been trying constantly, and have increased my bid today for 65.00 with no luck. Please give me some details how you got it for 60.00. We are cruising in June/07. Thanks.....

Just keep trying. It might be a little early yet. Or it could be that there's something going on there the night that you're looking for which might cause there to be less availability of rooms. If you search for rooms on a regular travel site like hotels.com do the room rates seem higher than normal for your dates? It's all supply and demand.

Have you booked a cancellable backup?

Are you sailing from Long Beach or San Pedro - if the latter most of the hotels will let you store you car at the hotel for a samll extra fee - i stayed at the Vagabond Inn pre-cruise one night and with parking it was $100.00 including car storage for a week. Some other friends stayed at the Doubletree which has a parking package as well. Both hotels will shuttle you to the port and the Doubletree will pick you up after the cruise.

Hopes this helps.

Cheers

Dennis

I had no problem. I got it in just a couple of bids. Started at $50 and increased in increments of $5. Since I had never used priceline before I was surprised at how quick and easy it was. Just put in a 4 start hotel and you may not get the Hyatt but will get something comprable. The other thing to consider about parking at the pier is the convenience of having your car right there when you are ready to go home and not having to wait for a shuttle. Good luck.

Archived