Platinum Priority Disembarkation ???

sfbaycruiser

Does anyone know if Platinum World Club on QM2 includes priority (self-help) disembarkation at Southampton. The literature mentions priority embarkation but I thought it was a bit odd that there isn't priority service at the conclusion of the voyage. Thanks.

P.S. Are they still doing UK customs/immigration checks mid-crossing?

Does anyone know if Platinum World Club on QM2 includes priority (self-help) disembarkation at Southampton. The literature mentions priority embarkation but I thought it was a bit odd that there isn't priority service at the conclusion of the voyage. Thanks.

I very much doubt that it does. On Queen Elizabeth 2 the only people to get priority disembarkation are those in the penthouse (although I guess the three QS suites probably do too).

Self help is available to anyone. If you can physically manage it.

Matthew

On Queen Elizabeth 2 the only people to get priority disembarkation are those in the penthouse

Self help is available to anyone. If you can physically manage it.

Why on earth would anyone want to priority disembarkation:eek: Im usually one of the last and even then lm dragged kicking and screaming down the gangway.

Disembarkation on my last cruise was made much easier and nearly pain free by having booked my next cruises while onboard,

As for self help, that is an absolute no no for me, :rolleyes:

Though l do wish they would try and improve the embarkation, there still seems to be the rule that no one can board before 2pm:mad:

on the qm2 grill pax q-3 and above have 1st priority !!!!!!!then all grill pax q-4 and below and p grill catergory are next !!!! all grill pax q-4 and below leave at the same time as self help!! thats how it was on my last cruise dec 9 2006 in florida

Why on earth would anyone want to priority disembarkation:eek: ......Though l do wish they would try and improve the embarkation, there still seems to be the rule that no one can board before 2pm:mad:

I hate that last morning. One is leaving the ship and returning to real life. I like to enjoy the last night and then get off quickly and painlessly. Priority disembarkation is great for that.

Added to which, if one is being met by a car it is much easier to let the driver know what time to pick you up if you have the advantage of priority.

Myles - I was on before 2 pm in January.....

Matthew

Added to which, if one is being met by a car

I think some 'one' is channelling Helen Mirren!

In any case, it is not always clear when disembarkation will start - this January it was nearly an hour later than advertised - so one's car would have had to wait for one anyway.

In addition, with a Brooklyn arrival after the crossing they were disembarking so many into transfers they did not go down through the decks (which I'd been dreading, being on Deck 5) but after the last coach transfer was called simply did a 'all remaining passengers' call - so 1 deck got to slum it with 5 deck. I always wonder why people stress themselves so much on disembarkation - hovering in the midships lobby or on the D staircase, hopping from one foot to the other.....picking up, then putting down their hand luggage.......

Peter

I think some 'one' is channelling Helen Mirren!

In addition, with a Brooklyn arrival ........

Peter

Sorry - should have said that I was thinking about Southampton. There was no priority at Brooklyn anyway.:eek:

I agree with you though about the hanging around on the stairs. But with a Southampton disembarkation, with the correct gangplank to hand (:D ) it is usually reliable to ask the car to arrive at about 9.15.

Which means that one can have breakfast, go back upstairs and finish packing, then meet the priority group in the Queens Grill Lounge at 8.30-8.45 and be taken down to disembark.

It does work, and works well. It also makes the disembarkation far less painful. It's bad enough to be leaving anyway!

Matthew

I hate that last morning.

I'm with you there - unfortunately I've never been high enough to have been in the penthouses when they called you to disembark:( . I'd quite happily give up my last day onboard to avoid disembarkation and the journey home.

Archived