7 Mile beach info

SheriNtexas

Ok, this looks like the place to hang out after our trip to "Hell"! I have several questions:

1. Can you walk from the pier to 7 mile beach? Is it safe enough around there to walk?

2. Do you pick a hotel on the 7 mile beach and then see if they will let you on beach behind their hotel? Will they all provide chairs, umbrellas, etc?

3. Is there anything else to do on this beach besides lay around and drink? lol! Heck, what else would i possibly WANT to do, you might ask? :D Well, I WILL be with my 16yo daughter!

4. Cozumel seems safe enough to me to just set out on your own; the layout seems to be easy to follow there. Is Cayman islands the same way?

We are looking for adventure, but not TOO much adventure! Spending a couple of hours at the beach sounds good, but longer than that...hmmmmmm.

Thanks for any advice or tips you have!

Sheri

All are well trod questions:

1. It is a little far to walk from the pier to Seven Mile Beach. Definitely far too far to walk to Hell. There are many tour buses and taxis.

2. Seven Mile Beach is mostly condos, both residential and vacation rental condos. There are only a few hotels (4) on the beach: The Ritz Carlton, The Westin, The Hyatt, and the Marriott. Chairs, towels, and other hotel facilities are solely for the guests staying at the hotels.

You can purchase a day pass at the Hyatt, but I am not aware of the same for the other hotels. The Hyatt fronts a short section of beach. Alternatively there are other sites which do offer chair rentals

3. Soak up the sun and enjoy. Various locations rent jet skis, snorkel gear, and other water sports activities.

4. The Cayman Islands are very safe. Explore and enjoy, and look right before crossing the street (we drive on the left).

All are well trod questions:

1. It is a little far to walk from the pier to Seven Mile Beach. Definitely far too far to walk to Hell. There are many tour buses and taxis.

2. Seven Mile Beach is mostly condos, both residential and vacation rental condos. There are only a few hotels (4) on the beach: The Ritz Carlton, The Westin, The Hyatt, and the Marriott. Chairs, towels, and other hotel facilities are solely for the guests staying at the hotels.

You can purchase a day pass at the Hyatt, but I am not aware of the same for the other hotels. The Hyatt fronts a short section of beach. Alternatively there are other sites which do offer chair rentals

3. Soak up the sun and enjoy. Various locations rent jet skis, snorkel gear, and other water sports activities.

4. The Cayman Islands are very safe. Explore and enjoy, and look right before crossing the street (we drive on the left).

Thanks for all the great info! We won't be walking to Hell, we will be on a little tour for that. I am glad to hear that it is safe so we may strike out on our own. I will do my own research.

You drive on the left? Like in France or England? How neat! It sounds like you live in GC? I'm sorry, what sounds neat to me is normal to you, i'm sure!:) I live in Texas, and years ago my daughter's class at school had a Russian pen pal, and he wanted to know where all the kids "tied up" their horses while they were at school!:eek: Thanks again for all the answers to very common questions, I'm sure!!

Sheri

Archived