How Is Swiss Air

jezzdogg

Saw the flyer talk and kid of leary of booking aircomet back from Barcelonia and certainly do not want to pay the Delta/AA/Cot prices of over 1000 one way.

Swiss has several flights that are about 375 per person for that day. Any info would be appreciated. Flight is on a airbus by the way if that helps

Saw the flyer talk and kid of leary of booking aircomet back from Barcelonia and certainly do not want to pay the Delta/AA/Cot prices of over 1000 one way.

Swiss has several flights that are about 375 per person for that day. Any info would be appreciated. Flight is on a airbus by the way if that helps

If you can book Swiss for $375 on a one way basis, book it NOW. Great price, very good airline.

AerLingus also has reasonable one way fares from Europe. You would have to connect from Barcelona to Dublin, then on to NYC. Right now, through April 30, the price from Dublin to NYC is $179.00 plus about $60.00 in taxes. You will still have to pay for a ticket from Barcelona to Dublin, but depending on date, those tickets usually price out about $80-90.00.

Good luck!!!

Swiss and Swissair are two entirely different companies. After Swissair went bankrupt, CrossAir was asked to start a national airline. This was eventually merged with Lufthansa and it is now Lufthansa that is running the airline.

Before retiring my job took me to Europe several times per year. I didn't fly Swissair very often, but alway got excellent service when I did.

SWISS left a bad taste in my mouth with several trips in the past. Intra-europe flights were especially bad, and notioriously late/delayed, at least in my past experience. Granted, my last flight on SWISS (intra-Europe) was 2005.

All I have to say is be grateful for the new Schengen agreements enacted for 2007, because otherwise, many more people would be missing flights.

We literally had to sprint through Geneva on a flight from Munich to London, and cut through the passport control queue to catch our plane just minutes before departure. (Note, back then, we had to go through passport control leaving Germany, again when arriving in Switzerland, and then again arriving in the UK!).

Allow for PLENTY of time for your connecting flight....especially if you have to be there (or miss a ship!)

Because of my previous experiences, I would pay more for a direct flight to avoid going to/from non-Schengen and Schengen countries. Alas, much of the travel was work-related, and not out of my pocket...so I had to suck it up and deal with it.

This includes flights through the UK, unless my destination is in the UK. I saved a little money on a flight connecting through LHR, but the hassle of going through security/passport control upon arrival in the UK, and then again when arriving at my destination.

The difference between a direct Flight from Delta/or CC is 1520 vs 375 per person, so there is no way I am willing to spend an extra 2000 for one flight.

Only thing I can hope is both flights are with Swiss so connections should be easier and it is at the end of the cruise on our way home

SWISS left a bad taste in my mouth with several trips in the past. Intra-europe flights were especially bad, and notioriously late/delayed, at least in my past experience. Granted, my last flight on SWISS (intra-Europe) was 2005.

All I have to say is be grateful for the new Schengen agreements enacted for 2007, because otherwise, many more people would be missing flights.

We literally had to sprint through Geneva on a flight from Munich to London, and cut through the passport control queue to catch our plane just minutes before departure. (Note, back then, we had to go through passport control leaving Germany, again when arriving in Switzerland, and then again arriving in the UK!).

Allow for PLENTY of time for your connecting flight....especially if you have to be there (or miss a ship!)

Because of my previous experiences, I would pay more for a direct flight to avoid going to/from non-Schengen and Schengen countries. Alas, much of the travel was work-related, and not out of my pocket...so I had to suck it up and deal with it.

This includes flights through the UK, unless my destination is in the UK. I saved a little money on a flight connecting through LHR, but the hassle of going through security/passport control upon arrival in the UK, and then again when arriving at my destination.

Schengen does make a difference, but in this case, he's on his way back to the US and cruising transatlantic (he's on the same cruise as I am) so that's not a concern. I imagine that the terminal is likely International (ie uncleared) and therefore he won't have to clear customs at all. At least I didn't the last time I went through Zurich.

Of course, since 2005, Swiss was taken over by Lufthansa. So the management team isn't the same either.

One of the most reputed airlines in the world. Reliable as a Swiss clock.
A pretty sweeping statement to make about an airline that's only about 5 years old, and which has just been taken over by one of the giants in the industry.

The statement could have been made about the old Swissair in its glory days, before its corporate ego ran away with itself, dragging the entire operation fatally downhill.

Archived