Cabin 8168? Help choose Cabin . . .

mamagg

Hi everyone. Looks like we are going to book the Med for March 18th. Price dropped today, and now unobstructed is the same price as obstructed, and we have a hold until tomorrow on room 8168. It is in the very back of the ship, aft, beside the penthouse suites, and they are calling it "superior balcony." The agent says she can't believe this room is available, that usually this location is booked way ahead of time. We have several to choose from, but she says this is a no brainer, a 360 degree view for us. We never have sailed total aft like this. I realize it may be far from certain ship locations, but we spend much time in the balcony. Advice? Also, can you tip your cabin steward & convince him to get you eggs for room service, or is it very strict on the bread or yogurt thing? Something seems weird about not being able to have eggs in bed! Thanks, you guys!

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you check again with your brother? Was he really in that exact cabin on Costa Mediterranea? We asked & asked our agent if people would be above us, and she said no. We also are very picky about privacy on a balcony, so i am so glad you wrote us. WE are going to try to change cabins if this is possible. Does your brother have any photos? Thank you again so much!

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you check again with your brother? Was he really in that exact cabin on Costa Mediterranea? We asked & asked our agent if people would be above us, and she said no. We also are very picky about privacy on a balcony, so i am so glad you wrote us. WE are going to try to change cabins if this is possible. Does your brother have any photos? Thank you again so much!

NOTHING beats an aft balcony cabin. We had one on the Golden Princess (C752) and have one booked for the Magica in April. The view off the aft of the ship is absolutely wonderful, and you get absolutely no wind while traveling at sea. Once you book one you'll never want anything else.

Your balcony sounds great. And, so easy to get to the dining room and buffet areas. Just down the elevators and your are there!

We just got off the Med yesterday. We had mid ship balcony and it was great, but you will have a greater view span from yours.

My son just booked on the Magica and it is more than balcony but not quite the huge big suite. I am anxious to see room number and location.

You will have a great time.

As far as eggs........I understand you can get the entire menu in a suite room. If not, go up one deck to the buffet and get your eggs or omlete and take back to cabin!!! Make it work for you, it's your vacation!!!

Alice in New Smyrna Beach

Archived