Waverunner Scheduling Times

earl&vesta

I just e-mailed to start the reservation process, but need a little help with the ideal time to reserve.

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

We are on the Carnival Liberty (8 am-5pm). We are at Georgetown, Grand Cayman along with the Imagination (7 am-4pm), the Inspiration (7 am-2pm) and the Liberty of the Seas(8am-4pm) on Wednesday, June 6th.

Can someone who has done this before help me with scheduling my day?

We just returned on the Carnival Liberty and did the jet ski tour. Their times are 0900 and 1300. The only problem we had is the 0900 was sold out, so we booked the 1300. The cheepest way to get to the Grand Caymanian hotel is when you get off the tender, go to the guy in charge of the taxi's and tell him you need a "van" to get to the hotel. He will assign you a van, and tell you it will cost about $6-$7 per person. Don't let the driver tell you more. We had people in our tour that paid $25.00 for a taxi to take them to the hotel. The hotel is a ways off the main street, so make it clear to the driver that he has to take you all the way to the door of the hotel. The jetski shack is in the rear of the hotel. It is a wonderful tour.... You can leave your bags in their shack and it will be locked inside. If you can't get the 0900 rour, the 1300 tour will work, but it was getting a little close to the final tender of 4:15pm, so we had our guide call for taxis when we were heading back form Rum Point, so the taxis would be waiting. We got back to the hotel about 3:20pm, and we did make it in time. Well worth the price. Very nice jetskis

Thanks for the great information. This is our first time and everything you wrote is exactly what we need to know. Now, for the follow-up...will we be able to get there by 9 if we don't get in until 8? Also, (this is the embarassing part)is it warm enough at 9 AM to do this??

I would say that it is possible to make the 0900 tour if it is available. If your ship gets to Grand Cayman by 0800, and your off on the tender by 0815, then I would say yes. It is about a 15 min ride to the hotel where the Jetskis are, and we were told by the two workers there, that if someone is booked on the 0900 tour, they will wait a while for them if they are a little late. They only have 2 tours a day (0900 and 1300), so they have time to be flexable. And yes, it is plenty warm at 0900. The water is a very comfortable temperature. This is really the best jetski tour on the island. If you want to just "ride aournd" on a jetski, then just take a taxi to seven mile beach, and rent one for an hour.(The jetskis booths are everywhere). It will cost about $50.00 for a half hour to rent one though. The nice thing about renting one at seven mile beach is that you can take the jetski over by the tendered ships and ride around by them. it is really quite a picture....

Hi we leave for our cruise on 3-25, one of our ports is Cayman, has anyone ever rented the jet skis on 7 mile beach as mentioned above? We were thinking the wave runner excursion, but renting by the hour sounds like a blast and your free to go anywhere! I just wonder if anyones done this option and your opinion. Thanks so much!

Lori:)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the great information. This is our first time and everything you wrote is exactly what we need to know. Now, for the follow-up...will we be able to get there by 9 if we don't get in until 8? Also, (this is the embarassing part)is it warm enough at 9 AM to do this??

Do some research and make sure that your ship and the island are on the same time. Occasionally they differ by an hour, but not often. ;)

If they offer a mid-day one I would go for that just in case your ship does not reach port on schedule... which rarely happens, but it does happen. The weather can be a factor and sometimes there are passenger issues. See the article about the Carnival Glory which was delayed this past week here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11497257/

Also, remember that people on excursions booked through the cruise line usually have priority tendering from the ship so unless you are booking through the cruise line you may have to wait to get off the ship.

Whatever you choose to do... have a great cruise!

...just call me Lola :p

Archived