included air, cutting it too close?

dtctully

Can you give us other details about your itinerary? Where are you flying from? Which airline? Is there a connection? All of these will be a factor in giving a best guess answer.

But if there are no issues, yes, a 2PM arrival at MIA will get you to the ship in time. Figure you'll be out of the airport by 3PM at the latest, allowing time to collect luggage and board the transfer bus. Plus since it's cruise air you're doing, the transfer bus will be in touch with the ship should there be a delay of anysort getting you from the airport to the pier in time for the 5PM ship departure.

we are flying from boston on Delta air and a short layover in atlanta., i have read on the post that you can board the ship early and look around, i was looking forward to having this extra time. since this is my first cruise i am very excited and nervous,

Since you are flying Delta, keep a close eye on your flight times as Delta is notorious for shifting around their schedules.

Also I'd look at how much of a "close" connection you have in Atlanta. Delta operates out of several different concourses which can make connecting a time consuming experience. I would say 45 -60 minutes minimum is necessary and allows a cushion if your BOS flight is delayed.

If either of these are looking tight, you might want to request air deviation from Celebrity and either get an earlier flight out of Boston or see if you can get a direct flight from BOS to FLL instead (I'm assuming that Celebrity air will be operating transfers from FLL for Miami cruises).

You should be ok, but if you run into a delay from BOS to ATL, what I would suggest is that you do some research on all the available flights on Delta from ATL to both Miami and FLL. This way, if you get to ATL and miss your connection, or even see that leaving late from BOS you may miss it, you can get a jump on reconnecting to a different flight quickly. If you know when leaving BOS that you will miss the connection, get on the phone with Delta asap so they can look into moving you to a different flight. If it happens when you get to ATL, get to the first CS rep you can find and tell them what options you'd like to try.

Chances are at that time of year you should be ok with weather but you just never know and it always helps to be prepared.

If you are on DL 975, you depart ATL at 11:55am and arrive in MIA at 1:42pm. The next DL flight from ATL to MIA that day is DL 942, which leaves ATL at 1:05pm and arrives at 2:50pm. Still doable and luckily you don't have to wait many hours for the next flight. At the very worst, there's a 2pm flight to FLL that gets in at 3:45pm (cardiac city with your running).

I'm not quite sure about your "short connection". The flights from BOS to ATL arrive at 9:04am, 10:22am, & 11:53am. Trying to figure things out -- it's easier if you post flight numbers and times (since no flight arrives MIA at 2pm)

Archived