Lucky Stables vs. Bayside Riding Club

kris77

Sannesxm,

Thank you very much. Sorry I missed the first post with the information. This is going to be great. I haven't ridden in soooo long due to some injuries, I still wont' be able to canter but it will be so great to be back on a horse. I won't be riding with anyone I know (hubby doesn't ride) so I'm a little apprehensive. The excursion part is always the most difficult 'cause I'm never sure who is legit and who's not. (Sheesh I sound like a wimp) Thanks again for your help and patients.

I have been visiting St. Martin a few times now and I must say that I really enjoy my rides at Lucky Stables- Seaside Nature Park. The horses are very well trained and the staff is really friendly. Lately they have moved to a location at the beach with a really nice atmosphere so I;m looking forward to visiting again! and I always make sure I have enough time left after the ride to have a drink and enjoy the atmosphere... I could recommend Lucky Stables to anyone, always feel like I'm in good professional hands. Taxi's are always available from the pier, I've had never had problems getting one... Maybe i'm lucky?!

That's great to hear. I'll be going alone but hoping to find someone on the rollcall board that wants to go. If not, the ship has a riding excursion (don't know which stable) and I'll probably have to book through the them.

I'd love to do a riding excursion but am leary. Be careful of posters singing the praises of a particular stable that only have a few postings and all are about the same topic. Find it hard to believe that someone's first post would be after a trip. You can click on the posters name to see all their postings. Don't get sucked in by posters who are probably not legit.

Well, I have booked a 2 hour Beach ride with my husband at Lucky Stables for next week during our 12 night EOS cruise. I haven't read these posting since Dec. so I am little freaked out.

Yes, I did use Shore Adventures and they seem very legit and responsive (I emailed a question a couple days ago and the same person I booked with 3 months ago got back to me right away).

We are going to attempt the Orient Bay thing in the AM and ride in the afternoon. (Or Maybe look for a closer beach, even though I really want to see Orient). Darn it, I should have booked Bayside! I really hope this all works out!!

Will get back on the board and let you know how it was.

-Kelly

Update: Cancelled Lucky Stables after reading back reviews and booked with Bayside instead. Person at the stables who took my reservation was very nice. Sounds like it may be private since no one else has booked that day! Will give a review upon our return. :)

I was really looking forward to horeback riding in St. Maarten however, I've decided to not ride at either Lucky Stables or Bayside because of this thread....I don't know who or what to believe. :confused: Posts that were here before are no longer visible but responses are so nothing makes sense. Not worth the hassle of trying to figure out what's going on with either place. It's so disappointing but better to be safe than sorry. :( Oh well, maybe there is riding at another port.

• 6 months later...

Based on personal research. Bayside is the only place we chose. Went yesterday and these people and their horses are fantastic!

http://www.10best.com/Suitcases/14855/Soak_Up_the_Sun_in_the_Tropics!/suitcase.html

Horse riding in St. Martin has never been easier than with Bayside Riding Club in Coconut Grove. This organization takes in abused and former race horses, cares for them and trains them to become peaceful touring and training mounts. One of the most rewarding activities in St. Martin, horse riding along the beach is the perfect way for both beginners and experts to enjoy the beauty of this Caribbean paradise.

• 1 year later...

Was in St Martin last week and had really wanted to go horse back riding. After reading through this thread, I THOUGHT Bayside would be the best, even though I was unable to reach them before my cruise.

I took a taxi to Bayside, and what I found was definitely NOT what previous riders experienced. There is a new owner, and she has no idea how to run the business (this from one of her employees). They had only one ride booked for the day, and the place was empty. They wanted me to pay $120 for a private ride with a non-English speaking employee. The place was very run-down.

Someone helped me to call Lucky Stables, and they said I could ride as soon as I got there. I got another taxi, and we drove by the OLD location for Lucky, which was in the middle of the industrial area. I also would have wondered where I was if I had been dropped off at this old location. However, they are now past the power plant, with a gorgeous location right on the beach! The people there were absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful! I was able to go on a private ride for one hour for $65.00! AND an ocean ride at the end!! My wonderful guide, Raime, even had us galloping a few times. He pointed out the different islands, plants, and told me some history of the island. The experience was EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! You can find Lucky Stables through Seaside Nature Park website. It was an unforgettable experience!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anyone else add to this thread that has been to either stable since the last post? We are going in the fall, I would like to book but I am very

unsure at this point?

We just went to Lucky Stables last week and we were very happy with our experience. The horses were in great condition. If you have any questions, just ask.

Archived