Liberty balcony at the back of the ship?

wendell62

What are your thoughts about having a balcony at the back of the ship - Liberty ship!

The woman at Carnival said it's nice because you see an entire view instead of just what you are passing with balcony's at the side of the ship.

Will it be too loud or rocky?

What are your thoughts about having a balcony at the back of the ship - Liberty ship!

The woman at Carnival said it's nice because you see an entire view instead of just what you are passing with balcony's at the side of the ship.

We were in cabin 8455 on our recent cruise. It is an aft balcony, but it is also a 9A, so the balcony was huge. The regular rooms have a smallish balcony.

We were on the Eastern Caribbean cruise and we had 2 stops in a row at 7 am. The ship vibrated at about 6:30 each morning. It wasn't bad, but it woke us up each morning. We joked that the captain was giving us a wake up call. That was the only time we had unusual motion.

We had some (obnoxiously) loud neighbors that liked to have cocktails on their balcony each night, but you can have that anywhere on the ship. Other than that, no noise.

The balconies on the back have slanted dividers, so are less private. If your neighbor is standing at their railing, it doesn't take much for them to see your whole balcony. We happened to not really see our neighbor the whole trip.

On the Conquest class, the Lido deck is glassed in, so there isn't trash from above, or looky-lous peeking in your balcony.

Would we book the back of the ship again? We already have. The Liberty was our 3rd aft cabin and we have one booked on the Freedom for '08.

Hope that helps!

Hi

We had a balcony right at the back on the Legend on our last cruise and it was wonderful. We've just booked our next cruise and have choosen a balcony right at the back. Just perfect and no wind blowing in your face. You have a whole view instead of just one side. Go for it.

The Carnival Liberty is a Conquest class ship. So is the Glory. The following photo is from a rear facing balcony on the Glory at the end of April, 2006 ...

Balcony+-+aft+view+II.JPG

This one is from the Carnival Pride (a Spirit class ship) ...

WakefromPride6260.jpg

Now do you see why people like the rear facing balconies?

We had an aft balcony on the Miracle and I can ditto all of the above. The only small annoyance was these little black flecks of soot all over the balcony the entire cruise. Now it wasn't like we were shoveling the stuff off just little bits of it everywhere. We had to make sure to wipe the chairs before we sat and such. The view we had while leaving NYC was well worth it though...

We're looking forward to our cruise (only 2 more days and we're outta the snow) We booked the aft cabin - 10th Anniversary - and based on the posts and pics - looks like we'll really love the view, etc. We'll write and post pics once we return - Yikes...don't like the sound of that..."coming back already" NOT! It does appear that our room is more spacious than the others above or below? HUM>> Anyone know about this?

I'm so glad the above poster asked about the cabin size on Empress deck. I will be in one of the aft balconies on that same deck of Carnival Liberty and I noticed that the cabins appeared larger than Verandah or Upper Deck cabins. Our PVP said they are 'extended cabins'. It appears that the balconies are the 'regular size' though. I'm fine with that!

The rear facing cabins are the same size as the other cabins. It is the balcony that is extended because of the slope of the rear of the ship. I was in cabin 7442 on the Glory in April/May 2006 ...

7442door.jpg

7442stretch-2.jpg

7442stretch-1.jpg

7442balcony.jpg

The following is the balcony for cabin 7444 ...

7444balcony.jpg

I'm so glad the above poster asked about the cabin size on Empress deck. I will be in one of the aft balconies on that same deck of Carnival Liberty and I noticed that the cabins appeared larger than Verandah or Upper Deck cabins. Our PVP said they are 'extended cabins'. It appears that the balconies are the 'regular size' though. I'm fine with that!

the cabins are the same size--although for some reason on deck 7 some cabins are missing sofas.

I do not find the balconies on deck 7 to be any different from those on 6 or 8

Are the aft cabins a little more wobbly?? I get a bit of motion sickness (not a lot) BUT I would think I should put the risk at bay if I can....

So, with that in mind should we stick with a middle of the ship balcony nearer to the bottom?

Are the aft cabins a little more wobbly?? I get a bit of motion sickness (not a lot) BUT I would think I should put the risk at bay if I can....

So, with that in mind should we stick with a middle of the ship balcony nearer to the bottom?

are you basing your seasickenss on the Bahama cruise? That water is a tad rougher then the caribbean. and went during the time of hurricane season.

If you are going to the Caribbean I think you will be fine on the back. If you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are.

There is a slight vibration on the aft- but its kinda like a lull. (youcan tell back there when the ship comes to a stop)

Thanks Cruizer 2 for posting those pics of cabin 7442. I'll be in that cabin on the Freedom in April and it's so exciting to see! How did you like cabin 7442?

I had no complaints. The bed was comfortable, the shower worked - what more could I want?

Archived