Miracle CD -Mark Hawkins

liberty925

He takes time to get used to. He wasn't like the other cruise directors on my other Carnival cruises. When he begins talking he uses a reallly fast tone and sometimes I was tired and forgot what he said!! I guess it just depends on your own opinion.

AWFUL! Absolutely awful.

I'm one of those people that likes to revolve my cruise around the cruise director, but he was absolutely unwatchable.

His gag with two different color sneakers? I just don't get it.

Out of 16/ 17 cruises (I lost count), he goes on the bottom.

We had him in July on the Miracle. His sense of humor is pretty ridiculous, but my teenage boys thought he was very funny. He certainly didn't make or break our cruise. We had a wonderful time and we actually saw the other social people more...Karl with a K (he was great), Chelsea, and Tim. Go, enjoy, and don't worry about Mark!

Jen

Liberty, I am also leaving on the miracle two weeks from now...my friend just came back from the Miracle about 2 weeks ago. She made no mention of the cruise director being horrible. Although she didn't have anything positive to say either! From the posts I have read here and on a few other boards, cruisers have for the most part, given bad reviews on this CD. Few specifics though as to why he is so terrible.... I am not too worried- just a bit curious!

AWFUL! Absolutely awful.

I'm one of those people that likes to revolve my cruise around the cruise director, but he was absolutely unwatchable.

His gag with two different color sneakers? I just don't get it.

Out of 16/ 17 cruises (I lost count), he goes on the bottom.

He's worse then Brett on the Legend!!! :eek:

mohavemommy,

Mark wore two different color sneakers all the time and someone asked him about it once. His answer was "because I have 2 different feet". IMO, he just has a weird sense of humor. My kids (teens) thought he was funny. I don't see how he could ruin someone's cruise, but again, that's just my opinion. His staff was great...Karl with a K was the best. The Miracle is a great ship and we had our best vacation ever. I wouldn't book based on the cruise director.

Jen

we had him on the Jubilee dec.18,02..and he was Great!!!He is better than the social host on the Carnival Elation mike!!waaaaay better!!

and yes he does wear crazy stuff..his shoes..alittle crazy!

Carnival jubilee,Celebraiton,Elation july18,04.Ecstasy 11-11-04

Mark Hawkins is not as bad as this board makes him out to be. He is more kid/teen oriented, and if you booked a carnival cruise during the school vacation and do not like the "kid mentality" you picked the wrong line. Who dishes out thousands of $$$$ and leaves the success of the trip up to someone they have never met??? Wow

We just got home from the 7/31/04 sailing. This was our very first cruise so I have nothing to compare him to, but I found him to be pretty funny. I only really saw him introducing the shows at night. I didn't attend the talks that he did, but I liked him enough when I did see him. But Karl with a K was really, really entertaining. I think I saw more of him.

I thought he was terrible for about the first 5 days, but I found myself laughing at a couple of his jokes toward the end. Either he was getting better or my standards had gone waaayyyy down. I'll probably never know which!

Archived