PLEASE HELP! Mariner vs. Enchantment

cmafour

I'm new to this site, and am amazed at how much I've learned! I need help deciding between the Enchantment (5 day) and the Mariner (7 day). We're a family of four; kids are aged 10 & 9,and this will be their first cruise. My concerns:

-While reviews of both ships are great, the Mariner is priced so much higher (July sailing), even considering the extra 2 days at sea.

-Worried we have a greater chance of "rocking/seasickness" on the Enchantment, since it's a smaller vessel.

I can't decide, and I'm driving my poor husband crazy, so I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!:confused:

cmafour,

We have been on both the Enchantment (before it was stretched) and the Mariner. While I personally would choose the Mariner to get the extra two days, I think you would be perfectly happy on the Enchantment. My husband would choose the Enchantment over the Mariner any time. With this being your first cruise, the 5 day would give you a good taste for cruising. There will be plenty to entertain the children on either ship. Royal Caribbean has a great kid's program.

I don't think you would feel any more movement on the Enchantment than the Mariner. Try to get a cabin towards the middle of the ship on a lower deck.

Good luck with your decision. Either you choose will be great.

Rena

Agree with nanarena. We've sailed the Mariner twice and the Sovereign many times (they're both a couple hours drive from us). Although we've enjoyed the Mariner and will probably sail her again in the future, the Sovereign has always been our favorite as we like the smaller ships. We were on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with her so I guess she has taken the place of the Sovereign as our number 1 ship. She would be a great way to start your children out cruising.

Tanker4

I agree. We have sailed many times on the smaller Celebrity ships and didn't notice any difference than on the Mariner.

If the Mariner is really that much higher, I personally would opt for the Enchantment. The only difference you are going to notice is the extra 2 days. If you are willing to cruise in Dec., they have some really amazing prices. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise.

I would say if you were undecided to try the Enchantment. It's less money and if you have never cruised before it will be great. It's like an inside cabin - it's great until you have a balcony. Same with a smalle ship - usually fits the bill until you experience the Voyager class and then you miss (at least I do) all the extras.

Either way you will have fun!

We have sailed the Mariner and haved loved the ship. If the price is that much higher I would probably choose the Enchantment. The extra savings can go toward excursions and also tipping. As for the rocking and rolling, it all depends on the seas. Last year the Mariner was rocking and rolling pretty good in the Atlantic.

CMAFOR-There is no fair comaprison between the 2 ships..the Mariner is MUCH nicer and certainly has MANY more options and amenities-certainly for kids like: The ice-skating rink & show (a must!),pool areas,Kids own video-arcade area,ROYAL PROMENADE(best thing on the Seven Seas), mini-golf area,Full-court basketball,not to mention both Chops and Portifinos (EOS only has Chops)..I am going on the Enchantment April 19 for 4 nights-she 's a nice ship,but she's no Mariner..that's like saying a Holiday Inn is as good as the Hyatt...not quite the same...The EOS is very nice,but anybody who says the Enchantment is nicer than the Mariner,needs to have an MRI.....just the Royal Promenade with the British Pub,Vintages Wine Bar,the parties there at night and the parades there are nowhere to be found on the Enchantment....for a 5 night cruise-she's the best (until the Navigator starts 4 & 5 nighters in Nov.'07),but IMO, with kids-take the Mariner and don't forget to eat in both Chops & Portifinos ($20 pp,eat there w/w/o kids,well worth it!)

Big Al

As I think these posts show - you can't go wrong with either one. I've been on both and I prefer the Enchantment, but only because I like the smaller ships. Both ships will have great kids programs, so I'd probably go with the Enchantment if the price difference is that dramatic.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived