Post Cruise Car Rental

emen822

Hi. I need to book a car after our cruise to drive up to Sarasota. Is my best bet to find a rental agency at the Miami airport? Do any of them have a shuttle to pick you up at the pier. I will need to return the car at a different location. Hoping that won't be an extra charge. Seems a lot of the rentals are very expensive. Do you generally have better luck booking online, calling direct or through priceline/hotwire? Looking online has not been beneficial so far. Thanks for your help. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Avis M6I is only 5 minutes cab ride from the port. Use AWD C031529 discount code to drop the rate.

Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 , U S A

(1) 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

Avis M6I is only 5 minutes cab ride from the port. Use AWD C031529 discount code to drop the rate.

Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 , U S A

(1) 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

Would you mind telling me how much the cab ride was? Thanks in advance!

Wow I just checked to see how expensive they were. They do not like one way rentals. Most were coming in at around 106.00 for the three days we need it and then drop off at Orlando MCO airport. Avis wanted 245.00 even with the discount.

They could care less if you rent one way or round trip. The shear volume of visitors to this state is what prompted the rental car companies to drop the one-way rental surcharge many, many years ago. What dates are you looking to rent? What size vehicle are you requesting?

On the Avis website I plugged in Avis location M61 (downtown Miami) to Orlando Airport for the time period you specified. The economy car was $116, intermediate $127 and the luxury car (Cadillac) $216. Add $20 (more or less) to each rate for taxes. I'd go with the Caddy :p

I didn't apply any discount codes

Yea, no caddy for me:) I would not want to pay the fuel on it. I just found a code on the Orlando visitors website for a discount (their Magicard.)

I was able to get a car through Thrifty with pick up at the port and drop off at Orlando MCO Airport for $117.76 out the door. Without that code it would have been $148.95. That was a huge savings. Took some time to find to code, but it has been well worth it.

Archived