Statue of Liberty

LindaKE

O.K. This is a slightly different question from anything I can find using the Search Engine.

If we want to actually sail past the Statue of Liberty, which specific ships on which specific line would give the best view? (We would be doing a Canada/New England cruise.) I know ships sail from different harbors, so I want to choose the cruise that would give us the best sighting of this fabulous lady. I get goose bumps just at the idea of sailing past her.

Thanks!

O.K. This is a slightly different question from anything I can find using the Search Engine.

If we want to actually sail past the Statue of Liberty, which specific ships on which specific line would give the best view? (We would be doing a Canada/New England cruise.) I know ships sail from different harbors, so I want to choose the cruise that would give us the best sighting of this fabulous lady. I get goose bumps just at the idea of sailing past her.

Thanks!

ANy cruise line that leaves from the West side Terminal which is all except Princess(Crown Princess) Cunard- which leave from the Brooklyn Terminal(close by no actual cruise by) and RC and some X that leaves from Cape Liberty(father away from SOL) than Brooklyn's Red Hook but you still can see it. You can also get a good sail by on the Staten Island Ferry---its free but no cars and no reasonable parking close by.

That was a question I had. Since we are sailing on the Crown Princess in September, I guess that means we will NOt be sailing past the Statue of Liberty? That's a bummer.

You can see it from the Starboard(right) side of the ship fairly well. I posted a picture from the QM2(which also leaves from Brooklyn) from the Port to the SOL...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=498695

here is the view from the NCL Dawn last week....which leaves from the Manhattan piers

http://share.dell.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsWrRu1ctGRa

its the last two pictures

What about RCCL's Explorer of the seas- would you have a view of the statue fromt this ship?

As you leave the dock area the Statue will be on your left(port) side. Its within a couple of miles a way as the crow flies...you get closer from Red Hook and you pass by it from the Manhattan cruise terminal...

What about RCCL's Explorer of the seas- would you have a view of the statue fromt this ship?

Royal Caribbean ships sail from Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ). You'll be able to see the SOL but it's not a direct sailby, which you only get if you sail from Manhattan.

Sailing from Brooklyn, do you still sail past the Statue of Liberty?

You can still see the SOL but it's not a direct sailby. Only ships leaving from Manhattan's pier sail directly past the statue.

Archived