Internet on Millennium

luvcruisez

Can't get a straight answer from Celebrity. They are not helpful at all. I see not reason why a WiFi hotspot on the ship wouldn't work as well with a Mac as any other land-based hotspot. Let's stay in touch on this via this forum.

I can't answer about a MAC, but I had no trouble connecting with my PC laptop in the public areas mid-ship during the trip. The bars/lounges mid-ship on decks 4 and 5 (?) were live with good signal. I believe there was also a hotspot on deck 10 by the pool, but never tried that, as the pool area was always too crowded. The 'slow modems' are available for your cabin, I remember seeing something that is was $25 for it.

In the end, we ended up using internet cafes in port, as the ship rate is .75 per minute, and the connection is very slow. Brought the laptop primarily as storage for the 4350 pictures we took in Europe.

Dave

I was on the February 11 Millennium sailing, with my Mac PowerBook G4. Wi-fi was available in most of the public spaces. I logged on a few times from the library. No problems at all.

Archived