Oct 17 Spirit Cruise Questions

Tigger007

We are 8 mom's taking a mom's deserve to get away cruise. So any recommendations on the ship or at the ports would greatly be appreciated.

Any recommendation on what to at Roatan, Honduras? Has anyone rented a vehicle to get around? Is so, from who and what are the prices like?

Are there better times to go to dinner so you don't have long lines?

We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale as the the airfare was much cheaper and it is suppose to be only 21 miles to Miami to the ship. Anyone know what would be the best way to get there? Rent a vehicle and who has rentals close to the Miami port? Any type of shuttles or vans? We get into Ft. Lauderdale and the cruise doesn't leave until 8 pm so we have a lot of time to kill too.

The cruise says it does not leave port until 8 pm. Does anyone know the earliest we can get on the ship or check in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! We are on this sailing too. I am 31 and my MIl is a hip 58. We are going to have a blast!

I went to Roatan last year on the Wind. We went to the CSI Orphanage and droopped off supplies. They meet us at the pier. Americans run the orphanage so it is easy to communicate with them. They are great! Then we went snorkeling. We took a cab. It was a newer Toyota. The guide was safe. However be forwarned that there are really not a lot of rules about driving like we have here. For instance, when we arrived at an intersection it was crazy. People went without logic. Just whoever wanted to go went. Literally my legs were shaking when I got out of the vehicle. We had 2 different drivers.

Around the beach area snorkling it s great. Also I ate grilled lobster there last year that was to die for. It was heavenly.

I have heard good thing about the Sante wellness center. It is a full service spa with a lot of activities too.

There is also some sort of activity that invovles being attached to a canopy with a zip tie then sliding along it. I just learned about that recently. I found that info under Ports of call Roatan section here.

The area immediately around the port is very poor. There are small huts that you can wak around abd buy items from. It juseis very, very poor. If you do and excursion on oyur own, I would just bring lots of ones to negotiate with.

I think the best way to get to the pier is to take a cab. Our TA said that we should be able to get on around 3. Maybe some one else has heard.

Well I am so excited! If you have any other questions, ask away.

We are sailing on the Spirit 11/19 and don't leave until 7:00 p.m. and I was also wondering approximately what time we could board the ship. I've never left that late for a cruise before. Also, we don't return until noon - on every other cruise I've been on, we've arrived in port very early morning. This should be interesting!!

Tigger, I have to say that I'm a mom that's a little jealous of your "mom's getaway cruise" - that sounds like fun and I hope you and your friends have a blast - you certainly deserve it!!!

Libby

Archived