How do you do formal night?

JimandLouise

How do you do formal night?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. How do you do formal night?

• Its a 'special night' I'll get in a tux any chance I get.
    • Why waste the money on a tux when a dark suit will do?
    • I attend formal nights but I don't dress for the occasion.
    • I stick to room service or Horizon Court those nights - I don't want to dress up.

I will take a shot here, and get it from both sides. :eek: This is a touchy subject, but you are asking for our opinion so here goes. On formal night many wear long gowns and a tux. Many also wear a cocktail dress and a dark suit. Many also will wear a church dress, and a shirt and tie and dress pants. Others would prefer to wear a more casual outfit. I could tell you what I think, but I won't. It is a personal opinion. I will tell you that shorts, jeans,casual tank tops are not allowed. I own several tank tops, but some have the spagetti strap, and with a nice skirt could be very dressy. So, armed with all this nfo, I will leave it up to you to decide what is most comfortable to you. The formal night includes all dining rooms. To remain casual, you have a choice of the Horizon court buffet, or on the Caribbean Princess, the Caribe cafe. :)

On the majority of cruises I have been on, tuxedos/dark suits for men, long gowns/cocktail dresses for the women were the standard. I think people tend to dress more formally on longer cruises than on 3-7 day cruises. Personally I prefer a tux cuz my honey says I look sexy in it.. :D

DW loves to dress me up and take me out.

I do the on-line, on-board tux rental. Totally brainless - they do all the work. I just have to not trip down the stairs (hate rental shoes) or spit up wine through my nose at dinner, and I've done my bit.

Bdjam, I believe you have an opening here.. and for the couter point... shipkicker and highroller..
OK, I’ll bite!

The poll does not have a response that would apply to me. I do not dine in the dinning room on formal night. However, since the dress is only suggested, I may dine in one of the other dining venues. More often than not, we order from the dining room menu in our cabin. No, that does not mean I appear anywhere, anytime in a thong. Although, I would consider shopping for one (do they make them in my size) if I ever have the opportunity to cruise with srphnx. (Factiousness implied)

DH wears a suit. A tux would not be an option for him unless one of our girls decided to get married. Even then I'm not sure he'd go for the tux! I thought it was interesting that when I voted 100% had chosen tux or suit.

The formal night includes all dining rooms. To remain casual, you have a choice of the Horizon court buffet, or on the Caribbean Princess, the Caribe cafe. :)
Not so fast!!!! The dress code is suggested. Therefore, passengers have absolutely no limitations on where they dine, regardless of their dress. Yes, I am aware that the only mandate concerning dress is no shorts, etc. in the dining room. Aside from that, a casually dressed passenger could and have dinned in the dining room on the night that the dress is suggested as formal. It is only a suggestion, call Princess and ask if you think otherwise!

Holly Molly, do we really want to start this thread again?

I realize I am going to get unfavorable (a.k.a. flamed) comments from others concerning my post. Since the last thread got rather heated, pejorative (not on my part), and pulled from the board (I understand Laura pulled it), I will attempt to refrain from responding.

Okay, I’m ready, let me have it!

I own a tux and a dinner jacket, am thinking about buying a new tie cumerbund combo for the upcoming cruise. It's fun, not a hassle at all.

I also bring my own snorkel gear and red wine too. Not that I use all items at the same time, but likely all on a great day. :)

Shipkicker, please invite me if that happens. I would spend the money just to see his face!!!1 :eek: :D
WHAT! srphnx is a man!! For some reason, I was envisioning a woman. Well, in that case, I’ll only wear the thong if srphnx does!

LOL!! It was the wording!!!! :eek: By casual, I meant shorts!!!!!! I have honestly not seen shorts in the dining room on formal night. And I chose my words sooo carefully!!!! :eek:
Oh Sue, you have no idea how much Mr. Dictionary wants to respond…

OMG! Just took a look and I see that srphnx is on the Sapphire 9/04. So am I!!! Dare I ask? NO, I can’t, I am beginning to shake from fear!

Have to get to bed, so I can get out early to shop for the thong. Please lord; let no one see me shopping that I know!!!

Do they let you try those thing on?

Are you really!!! :eek: Where are you going shopping? I can get an early flight!!! :eek: :D
Sue, I have no idea where to shop for a thong. Since I live in Los Angeles, I figure I should find one at Fredrick’s of Hollywood. Do they make them in jumbo size?

Let’s plan on 10:00AM! Is that good for you?

I could swing by LAX if you need a ride, although it would be more convenient for me if you flew into Long Beach. Let me know!

I have to ask… Are you a woman? Just considering my track record!

Archived