Belize Snorkel? or Cave Tubing? HELP!

Sun&Soul

I have heard that the snorkeling in Belize is amazing, but it is not really mentioned on here. Do you guys reccommend going cave tubing instead? We are going with a big group of wimpy girls, will we feel comfortable doing this? We ae leaving March 11th-- HELP!:p

I have heard that the snorkeling in Belize is amazing, but it is not really mentioned on here. Do you guys reccommend going cave tubing instead? We are going with a big group of wimpy girls, will we feel comfortable doing this? We ae leaving March 11th-- HELP!:p

IF you want to go snorkeling you will need to take an excursion off the boat or check the boards for a private snorkel company as there is no snorkeling at the port itself. The cavetubing is alot of fun--I am a wimp but really enjoyed it. Great price- great entertainment by the guides- fun tubing and the stop for food was great. Better to do it with a place recommended on these boards...we did cave-tubing.com as it is cheaper and the ride is longer!!!:D

You can snorkle anywhere...well, maybe not on an Alaskan cruise, but anywhere in the Caribbean. But, there is only one place on earth that you can cave-tube, and that's Belize. Go cave tubing, you'll have a blast. Son and I did it last spring with Yhonny. Have a great cruise.

We couldn't agree to a Belize excursion, so son and I did cave-tubing .com and hubby went snorkeling. Cave tubing was fun, and wimps should be happy. There was a group of grandma's on our tour, and they had a blast. Our guide, Dennis, carried their tubes for the walk through the forest, and the guides pull you through the water so there's no exertion required. Hubby said snorkeling was great too, he hooked up with a ship excursion at the port. He said the snorkeling guides were very into it as well, and they seemed to enjoy seeing new sea life. I don't know if the wimps would like the snorkeling in Belize, but I'm sure they'd like cave-tubing.

We did the tubing excursion with cavetubing.com. I'm 61 and didn't have any trouble at all. I am in decent shape and the tour is really not that hard unless you are very out of shape. The walk is mostly easy and carrying your tube isn't hard at all unless you have some physical problems. I didn't need any help. However, I don't consider myself the wimpy type and I like active excursions. The guides did most of the work in the caves, which, by the way, are not scary at all.

I've heard snorkeling in Belize is amazing, but we've done it so many other times in other places we opted for something different, and very glad we did.

I just went cave tubing on Wednesday and looking back wish I went snorkeling. I'm not a wimp but didn't enjoy being in the cave because I get cold easily. Also, maybe because I'm tall, I wasn't comfortable in the tube - I felt like I was doing a stomach crunch the whole time trying to keep my neck up from falling back. The other 3 people in my party loved it, including my wife who IS a wimp! :D

Whoever you ask, you will get a different point of view, but 90% of the people who go cave tubing have a blast. And I will say that cave-tubing.com makes it very fun.

Drink the Beliken beer, eat the lunch at Amigo's (excellent chicken, rice and beans) and have a great time if you go!

Got back from Belize last week on the Dream. We booked off the ship with FAB tours for snorkeling in the barrier reef/and a stop on Bannister Island for an hour and a half after. We were suppose to see nerve sharks and stingray but the waters were too choppy (we had to work pretty hard) and unable to get to where they were. Maybe if the ocean was calmer it would have been better. Snorkeling was ok, nothing too exciting. I heard from others that cave tubing was great. We would go cave tubing next time.

I just went cave tubing on Wednesday and looking back wish I went snorkeling. I'm not a wimp but didn't enjoy being in the cave because I get cold easily. Also, maybe because I'm tall, I wasn't comfortable in the tube - I felt like I was doing a stomach crunch the whole time trying to keep my neck up from falling back. The other 3 people in my party loved it, including my wife who IS a wimp! :D

Whoever you ask, you will get a different point of view, but 90% of the people who go cave tubing have a blast. And I will say that cave-tubing.com makes it very fun.

Drink the Beliken beer, eat the lunch at Amigo's (excellent chicken, rice and beans) and have a great time if you go!

My husband is 6'5 would he be uncomfortable on a tube? Are you in caves the whole time? We WANT SUN! We live in Michigan and its been a long, cold winter.

My mom (70's) doesn't know how to swim, is it safe for her to tube?

My husband is 6'5 would he be uncomfortable on a tube? Are you in caves the whole time? We WANT SUN! We live in Michigan and its been a long, cold winter.

My mom (70's) doesn't know how to swim, is it safe for her to tube?

I'm 6'2", so he might be. They do have different size tubes, maybe I just got the wrong one (they seem to give them out based on butt size, not height - since my butt is small maybe they gave me a small one? :eek: )

You are in the cave about half the time, and like I said I was cold. You're from MI so maybe you will feel warm.

There were a couple of non-swimmers that went, so I don't think that's a big deal. Just make sure she wears the life jacket.

Archived