NCL Credit Card Statement & Bonus Points

lucia1024

Hi

I just redeemed my 1000 points for the first time. I called NCL and they said that I won't see the credit until my next cycle date which is April. I was hoping to receive the credit in this cycle. Is this true? Has anyone had the credit immediately placed back on their card? I am paid in full and will have an additional 500 points by the end of this cycle as well. My trip to AK is on May 20. Do you think I will be able to redeem those points and apply it to the same trip?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I do not think you can apply award certificates more than once against the same cruise.

As far as I know, you use the awards as part of (or all) of your remaining balance.

As an example, we booked a September cruise for $1,200. We paid a cash down payment of $500, then called to get $1,000 in award certificates. When we received the awards, we dropped them off at the TA to payoff the remaining $700 balance. The $300 difference between the $1,000 awards and $700 balance will be credited back to our charge card account.

Be careful, as any award dollars over and above the total cost of the cruise will not be credited back to you. (I have read where some cruisers said they received on-board credit for the difference, but I have not seen that happen myself.)

So, if you think you will reach another 500 point threshold, you should wait before submitting award certificates towards a specific cruise.

You can claim the awards at anytime as long as you know that you will use them within a year. But, hold them until you have all of the amounts you want to use towards a cruise.

Archived