Question about booking Carnival excursions

Hey there,

Are we able to book excursions the day of the excursion or do all carnival excursions need to be booked online weeks ahead? I just don't want to book now and possibly change my mind the day of the excursion and waste my money.

thanks..

pam

Problem is that the excursion may be full... :(

If you aren't sure, just wait and try to book the day of, or day before, and if its not available, just get something on the pier. Most ports are 'trouble-free'..:)

Hey there,

Are we able to book excursions the day of the excursion or do all carnival excursions need to be booked online weeks ahead? I just don't want to book now and possibly change my mind the day of the excursion and waste my money.

thanks..

pam

Yes, you are able to book them on board, there is a chance that it could be sold out.

You can book excursions when you're aboard the ship. There will be a "port talk" by the CD to tell you a little more about the ports and the available excursions, and you can book the excursions by either going to the shore excursions desk or (if available on your ship) through your cabin TV. There may be some that sell out ahead of time, though, so you should be aware of that.

I would also recommend that you research your ports on the "Ports of Call" board here at CC. You may find some independent tour operators with more personalized tours at very good prices.

From my experience (its been a few years) you can book online, from your cabin after you check in, or at the shore excursion desk throughout the cruise. However the desk is not always open. Additionally, the most popular excursions do fill up. I am not sure how they handle cancellations and whether you might find last minute availability for excursions.

Archived