somewhat overcrowded!

leoandhugh

I just saw today (2/28) that there were eight(8) cruise ships in Belize City today. Now that must have strained the infrastructure of the town and the shore excursion operators to the limit. It would really be interesting to see a post from some cruiser who was there today to let us know just how it really was. My experience there with just 2 other ships was one of "boy, this is a day i should have stayed on the ship" And then when I checked Grand Cayman, 7ships there, all having to tender their passengers because there is no cruise ship pier. with the port cam, i watched as the tenders backed up, as many as 8 at one time. Is this what it means to take a vacation in paradise?:(

I came back from doing the cave tubing just last week. The water was briefly chilly, but a very welcome change from a slightly warm hike. You'll get used to it very quickly. As others have said, no snakes, no bugs, nothing scary. There was an older woman and younger kids in my group and then all did fine. Our tour guide was awesome and was very attentive to those with special needs.

We went through Reggies tours, who I highly recommend. They are accomdating, polite and give you a historical tour of their country throughout the day. Everything runs very smoothly and you're returned with plenty of time to browse the shops before departure. Belize can certainly be viewed as a dangerous place at times, but I always felt secure and safe with this tour. We had an awesome time, loved the caves, loved the hike. This was much more personal (and cheaper!) than the cruiselines.

http://www.regtour.com/cave_tubing.htm

Archived