What's the very latest on Destiny?

TennisLover

Looking for a cruise for next February. Love the Destiny itinerary (and price!).

What's the latest on:

Air conditioning?

Condition of the ship?

Entertainment?

Service?

Would love to hear from very recent Destiny cruisers. Thank you!

I was on the 1/28/07 sailing of the Destiny and everything was great. The air conditioning was almost too cold in our room and in other areas of the ship. I think the ship is in really good condition. I didn't notice any areas of the ship that wasn't clean nor did I notice any bad smells (I read thoses types of issues in some of the reviews before my cruise). The crew/staff were always extremely friendly and as we passed the room stewards in the hall, they always asked us how we're doing. The only show we went to was the Destiny Idol show (which we enjoyed) so I don't know how the entertainment in the main lounge was. The various bands around the ship were pretty good. Overall, we had a wonderful cruise.

If you want more details, here is a link to my review.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=490622

So glad to hear it!!! Thank you for your info.

Anyone else?

Is it FUN at night???

I'm not looking for a fraternity party, but sipping wine and listening to violins won't cut it for me :D .

Hoping I can convince DH and our friends that this is the right cruise for us. Will focus on the ports (very imp to DH) but the ship has to be on par too. So far, so good!!

Looking for a cruise for next February. Love the Destiny itinerary (and price!).

What's the latest on:

Air conditioning?

Condition of the ship?

Entertainment?

Service?

Would love to hear from very recent Destiny cruisers. Thank you!

I was on 2/4/07 sailing and had a wonderful time....

AC had a slight problem the first day and was fixed by that night.... several times that week I had to turn the AC down...

IMO I think she looks great considering her age.... while we were on they replaced the carpet in the halls of deck 6... the crew was always cleaning....

The entertainment was good... there were good shows and not so good shows... but I was on vacation so I made the very best of everything...

The service was on point... no problems there... it seem like everytime I went out even for 15 minutes and got back to my cabin my bed was made:) my room steward Michael out of NY was great......

Overall I had a wonderful cruise on Destiny I too chose it for the price and the itinerary.... I would cruise Destiny again in heartbeat no questions asked...

Have a great time;)

Dee Dee,

I read your review of Destiny in the Member Review section. You stated that you were in cabin 6284. We have booked cabin 6292 and have read several messages that those 4C cabins that are directly below the disco are very noisy. Did you have a problem with the noise at night from the disco? Thanks for your help!

Dee Dee,

I read your review of Destiny in the Member Review section. You stated that you were in cabin 6284. We have booked cabin 6292 and have read several messages that those 4C cabins that are directly below the disco are very noisy. Did you have a problem with the noise at night from the disco? Thanks for your help!

We are booked in cabin 6292 on the May 6th sailing. I see that you guys aren't going until Sept? I will keep you in mind and let you know if the cabin in noisy or not.:D

Archived