Two Meditteranea questions

FEDERICO C,

We (family of 6) are cruising on Costa Meditteranea on 4/8. I have two questions:

• My wife and I would like to eat at the alternative restaurant one night. What is the best night to do this so we do not miss anything in the main dining room?
  • I have read about mattress toppers for the beds. Is this just another mattress placed on the bed?

Thanks,

Federico C.

aka Chris

1) you should have 2 formal nights, italian night, caribbean night and a toga night. formal night should be the 2nd and 6th nights, toga night is the last (7th) night. not sure when italian and caribbean are.

that makes 5 nights, the other two should be untheamed, so i would advise going on one of thoes nights in order not to 'miss' anything. but there is entertainment every night at dinner. also one of thoes remaining 2 nights is the first night. you might want to go to dinner in the restraunt on the first night just becasue its your first night. so i guess that leaves one night haha.

any recent Med cruisers know when what nights are?

i have also heard reports that you should make reservations on the first day because they fill up thru the week.

2) mattress topper can mean an extra mattress or an egg crate foam style topper. this is irrevelant because the Med now has new comfortable mattresses, the magica still has the old style.

Federico:

Depending on what YOU like to do.. the nice thing is, that you create your own itinerary of what you want to do. It also depends on what route you are taking (Eastern or Western), as this will determine when your days at sea are. Also depending on what your normal dining times are...

For example: If you are cruising the Eastern route, your first two nights are at sea, prior to arriving in San Juan (scheduled arrival time is 5 PM). If you like to go off the ship and stroll around the town, the third night might not be your best bet. But if you rather stay on board during that fairly short stop, it might not be a bad idea to enjoy dinner at Club Medusa.

As we have cruised many times with Costa, we felt the last time that we really don't miss out on the first formal night... again we have done it several times before - if that is your first cruise you may not want to miss it, so we booked our specialty dining for the first formal night... which was great, as we had the entire restaurant for ourselves and had our "Private" dining wait staff... Great!

Hi,

We just returned to port today on the Med. I did not hear anyone really excited about the Medusa Rest. They do serve lobster ($25/30) and it is not served in the main dining room. They brought crab legs that were so so on Friday night, the 2nd formal night. We really missed the lobster night. Seems you are on the Eastern Carb. route, if I counted correctley....I agree with the other comment about going during one of the formal nights to the "special" rest.

The beds were very hard. We asked for a softer topper and it still was not comfortable. But, I am not one to ask, since we have a Select Comfort (sleep number)bed.. If you like soft pillows, better carry it with you. But, I loved the bed close to the balcony....you can just roll over and look out across the most fabulous waters ever!!!

The baths were nice. Big counter...but make sure your shower curtain comes below the "lip" of the shower. Ours did not, but was changed when we told the cabin steward, Henry, about it.

The ship is beautiful and so very, very clean.

We had a great time and I think my son will be on your cruise. He even got a "suite" for a few dollars more. We also found out the if you wanted to stay and do a back to back, it was very inexpensive..something like $299 pp.

I have to go....no one here at home to fix dinner for me. I'll check back with you later, if you have any more questions.

Alice in New Smyrna Beach

Archived