Onboard the Dawn now!

latitude 22

...please be nice to koos the internet manager..he is just following company policy that was given to his company from Princess head honchos...

people have really been shooting the poor messenger...and he really is such a cool guy and unbelievably patient with people who barely know how to use a computer.

Poor Koos. He was continually dodging verbal bullets during our cruise in January, too. Hottie, isn't he? ;)

I enjoy your posts, Latitude. Good job. Thanks.

Chris

I thought i would share this with those of you that have wondered what the upgrade bathroom amenites for elites are...

this will make you feel much better.

the labels say lotus spa, but i haven't seen these in the spa the scent is eucalyptus....(how I wish it could be lavendar)

so i ran out of my fancy schmancy Pureology conditioner...I have long thick hair that tangles....... ALOT...

so i pulled out my lotus spa conditioner...

i smell like a Christmas tree...if i stretch out my arms you could hang ornaments on me.... :D

plus it was wimpy......... suave is a 1000x better...

so for those of you that think ...wow i wonder what those upgraded lotus spa amenities are like I wouldn't mind those....

you aren't missing out on anything when it comes to that aspect of elite perks...

We aren't elite, but had lotus spa products in our room aboard the Diamond on 2/17 - I too found the shampoo and conditioner to be lacking (but I did like the smell), though it was probably better than most other cruise line products on other cruise lines.

I was told that Lotus Spa products are special - when I went to the spa, I did not see these products out there. In fact, I got my hair cut while on the cruise, and they used Steiner hair care products - I really liked their SOS conditioner and bought some on line when I got back. The stylist said the lotus spa products - in particular the shampoo and conditioner - were of very poor quality and quite harsh. I agree!

On the last cruise, I happened to be in the Internet Cafe the day of debarkation. Now, as we who have cruised recently know, there are signs pretty much everywhere stating that wireless access is NOT included regardless of WHAT type of member you are. Poor Koos was absolutely being hammered (abusively, I thought) by some guest who was "told" (Koos is the only one who does the official "telling") that his wireless/laptop access would be free since he was an Elite member. He went on an absolute tirade which was VERY embarrassing to listen to and finished with, "Well, Princess will never get MY business again!" repeated numerous times, in numerous ways. I think that Koos, and everyone else in the room at the time silently thought, "Good riddance."

I just don't get why there are so many complainers and bellyachers out there in the cruising population (well, I guess it's the general population...) C'mon, just TRY to have a good time instead of looking for ways to be miserable and in so doing, make the rest of us miserable.

Just my two cents!:o

Marsha

BTW - the "Upgraded" Lotus Spa products are just the same products as in the other cabins only in larger bottles. Found this out last summer on a Med cruise...the Sea Princess, for example, has the "body wash/shampoo" (same thing) in the pump bottles in the showers. I asked the steward and he said it's all the same, just packaged differently!

It is really amazing to me how many people can't see a sign right in front of their face.

My parents just advised me that they are now going on a cruise 3/21/07 on the Opera ( MSC Cruises, I think) before our 6/20/07 Dawn cruise. ( From never cruising to 2 in 3 months??) I went to check out that board and could not believe how mean some of the posts were!

Anyway... I was thinking about renewing our wedding vows on the ship since that was mentioned before. Has anyone done it?

We have had a long narrow inside cabin on the Dawn and we had the bed configured as a Queen. The only drawback was that because of how narrow the room was there was room only on one side of the bed. The other side was up against the wall. I otherwise was quite happy with the cabin and would have no qualms about booking one of those cabins again.

and his south african accent...when he says "oh that's lovely" :)

he will be onboard until May and then it's a big ? where he will go next.

Poor Koos...I've been spelling his name wrong...geez...after sharing a jeep with him and all...give him my apologies! Let me tell you, driving with him in a jeep in Mexico....when at home he drives on the left side of the road...and the fact that he has been on ship, and hasn't even driven in quite a while....LOL....this was an adventure! But it was a great adventure! Something I will never forget!!! Did ya'll notice that they get in the right hand lane to turn left in PV???? What's up with that?????

Well Koos....sorry about the name mispelling :o ....give Nap a shout!

Your stupid Jeep mates!

ok folks..

the long skinny cabins CAN BE MADE INTO a QUEEN

you will have more storage space about 3 more drawers.

the diffrence is... that your bed as a queen takes up more floor space than say the twin configuration I was referring to. if storage is more important go for the long skinny if floor space is more important go for the other....both rooms can be made up as a queen.

Does this make sense...

Thanks for this info:D

and his south african accent...when he says "oh that's lovely" :)

he will be onboard until May and then it's a big ? where he will go next.

Well that answers my question cause I am South African and it is the only place I have ever heard the name Koos.

South Africa has some really good looking people as well as having some really stunning places:D

let me clarify...

it's kuus he's from south africa...i just learned how to say his name from another south african onboard....oh boy...:o i've said it all wrong all along...

must let him know ...

i am now in the know..as chris said..he's a very sweet hottie...

of course not as hot as my super sweet hubby....

hi honey...i know you've been having fun reading my thread :D

we are on our way to cabo...it was a bit cooler today..almost back to sweater weather.

Tommorow I am taking a 30 min private photoshop review lesson. I will let you know how that goes!

any questions?

Kuus...LOL...now I owe him a double apology!

Good luck with the photo shop class....I was in the Cafe one afternoon when Adam was giving a Photo shop 1 class....Oh my...can you say BORING! The way he spoke to people was just like speaking to a 2 year old child...and his rambling on....eek! I could have taught it better, and I know nothing about it! I guess you could say I wasn't impressed with Adam.

On the other hand...the sea life in Cabo was fantastic! Get up early and look for whales and dolphins! They were everywhere!!!! The Zodiac tour brought tears to my eyes....amazing! Also the jumping fish were a hoot! Put on your coat and enjoy!!!!!

Thanks to Lat. 22 for this current info. We are seniors going to the Mexican Riviera as a first cruise and appreciate this up to date news. Since we are on a budget we will not be doing onboard email (I hunt and peck and the cost would be prohibitive), and phoning is also out.

We don't plan to go ashore at any Mexican port unless it's to find an internet access place. Are such places available?

Also will it be made clear to us, at some point early on, just which shipboard activities are free and which are extra cost?

Ray Mac in Vacaville, CA.

Thanks to Lat. 22 for this current info. We are seniors going to the Mexican Riviera as a first cruise and appreciate this up to date news. Since we are on a budget we will not be doing onboard email (I hunt and peck and the cost would be prohibitive), and phoning is also out.

We don't plan to go ashore at any Mexican port unless it's to find an internet access place. Are such places available?

Also will it be made clear to us, at some point early on, just which shipboard activities are free and which are extra cost?

Ray Mac in Vacaville, CA.

Just read your daily Princess Patter, they make it quite clear :) Also, there were some internet cafe's in the terminal areas, not sure of the cost.

Buenos Noches mi amigos....

Oasis bar...i forgot about this one...probably because years ago it was always so noisy and slippery with the hot tub water nearby...so I stopped going there.

it is open from 11am-6pm...but in the interest of honest reporting I will personally check that out...:cool:

bag laundry...tommorow is bag laundry NOT DRYCLEANING...this means all you can fit in the laundry bag will be a flat rate of 20 dineros. I use to tightly roll each item this method really helps you stuff that bag FULL!

my 30 min. photoshop is complimentary...

I was on the 12/1 sailing which was code red for norovirus. our classes were interrupted alot by people getting sick. so computers at sea graciously offered this option for me. Adam was teaching overseas and in a high school setting his teaching style definately reflects that...we will see how he is one on one and go from there.

internet in port...

ACA but you had to go up a skinny spiral staircase.

PVR ( puerto vallarta) had internet in that circular building by the pier

mzt (mazatlan) use to have 2 computers in thier cruise terminal.

SJD (Cabo)I know there is on but it is hike in and might be too much for you to do.

I did receive cell phone access in ACA, PVR, not MZT..i'll let you know about SJD

Cabo is a beautiful port a few recommendations and stories to share...but you will have to tune in manana!

my favorite saying for your pleasant dreams this evening...

those who sleep close to water will find tranquility

Sleep tight mi amigos....

Hi...what do you know about the suites at stern? We are booked for

C747 on 7 day San Diego-Mexico cruise and wonder what this mini suite,

the largest of the minis, will be like. Loved the regular mini suites with the bathroom shower looking out to sea in past, but thought we'd thy the

stern suite, which is larger. Like to hear any opinions. Thanks.

Hi...what do you know about the suites at stern? We are booked for

C747 on 7 day San Diego-Mexico cruise and wonder what this mini suite,

the largest of the minis, will be like. Loved the regular mini suites with the bathroom shower looking out to sea in past, but thought we'd thy the

stern suite, which is larger. Like to hear any opinions. Thanks.

Coral has some wonderful pics of C747 on her website. I hope she doesn't mind if I post the link. Check here: http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/alaska2004/PhotoAlbum39.html

When I posted the original comment re narrow inter hallway cabins and having no access to sides of the queen bed, I was referring to the bed in middle of the room. Sounds like Benny's steward found a way to do it. You could also crawl into and out of bed via the foot of the bed if thats acceptable to you. We still prefer a cabin that is 2-3ft wider even if it is little narrower. Don't like losing storage though, if thats true.

Well, i didn't win the mega millions..so I still know nothing about suites...

i've peeked in them, but sorry no first hand experience..still saving to buy a house, which more than likely will not be where both of us were born and raised..but that's a whole other topic on some other message board!

I suppose i could go the suite route, but that would take my 4 10-12 day cruises a year down to 1 or 2 7 day (and i really don't like doing 7 days)

I usually do insides, accept when i'm in Alaska or when I sailed into Venice then I had a balcony. Insides these days are actually quite deluxe..it's all about perception...for many many years an inside on a Sitmar, Princess, NCL little put puts was a pivot cabin with an upper and lower I was always the upper, the shower didnt have a curtain..you could use the loo and turn on the water...multitasking in the morning!! ahahahaahahahhaa

for cabin questions I think the main board will probably answer those questions better than me!

Archived