CocoCay -- how often do they make it?

I lucked out. 3/3 for me. Beautiful place to wander around, snorkle, or just be lazy on a hammock under a tree, although I wasn't impressed with the snorkeling there. Did lose a diamond while snorkeling out of a ring I bought the day before in Nassau. The cruise line took the ring back to the store for me and had it replaced and sent it to me within a month at no charge to me. That's why I travel exclusively with RCCL.

I think I am 3 for 6. We take advantage of the long week-end cruise. My last 3 out of 4 though have missed Coco Cay.

I wish they could put a jette (sp?) in to allow more stops. In March of this year, I had heard that the week before us also did not get off.

In Labadee, I am 2 for 2 an great weather.

Does someone want to add the totals up? :D

Sorry. I stopped adding them up every so often because the numbers weren't changing much.

Now it's 137 out of 191 scheduled, depending on how you count some of the posts. That's 72%.

2 out of 3 for us, but the missed call was on our first RCCI cruise (Majesty) and was replaced by a day at sea. We discovered then how much we liked sea days and started to choose itineraries accordingly. Enjoyed Coco Cay when we got there, but prefer Labadee.

Vortigern

• 3 weeks later...

We are 3 for 3 at Coco Cay. It is a wonderful beach day. Ironically, one of those times was during Hurricane Wilma! The port of Miami was closed, and we were "stuck" at sea for 2 extra days . . . for free. Ironically, that ended up being the only time that my tendancy to overpack worked out to our benefit. We had plenty of clean clothes. :-)

Hopefully, we'll have similar luck at making it to Coco Cay this weekend. I've got my fingers crossed. And, I'm really looking forward to seeing the refurbished Majesty.

We missed it on the Mariner on April 15th and also didn't get to go to PR either. Kind of dissapointing to have another sea day. Only 2 port days on a seven day cruise seems a little extreme to me.

Interesting when that happens often RCI send out discount Vouchers for you to use when you book another cruise within a year. Did you get compensated for missing both Coco Cay and San Juan? Interested in seeing if anyone did get compensated for that. As I posted earlier we are 0 for 1 getting to Coco Cay but we are trying again next year. :D

No compensation of any kind was mentioned. Being first time cruisers, we weren't going to complain, but being a younger couple, you do run out of things to do. I honestyly think we are going to try carnival next time just for the amount of activities for mid twenties couples.

We are 1 for 2.

We were on a 4 day on Majesty in Sept 04; just snuck a cruise in after Hurricane Ivan. Coco Cay was badly damaged in the storm so we didn't stop. We had an extra sea day.

Personally, I love the sea days. I look for itineraries with at least a couple of sea days (for a 7-day). I enjoy the days to relax on a lounger and read or explore the ship itself. (My job is go go go 100 hours a week, so I love an excuse to do nothing!)

I very much liked Coco Cay when we did go. I have to say, however, the private island of HAL, Half Moon Cay, is the only thing I liked about HAL better than RCCL.

Our Liberty itinerary goes to Labadee in June. I've not been there yet and am looking forward to it.

Archived