Can you book private tours once at ports or do you have to do it in advance?

I don't have experience with booking private tours, but, regarding shore excursions selling out: I'm not sure which cruise line you're on; I'm on HAL, and they have all the excursions available online to book. The site indicates which excursions have limited availability--I've been advised that those are likely to sell out, while others are likely not to. But if you know for sure you want to do something, no reason not to book early, I suppose.

Will I be able to wait until I get to the port to book a tour or do I have to do it in advance. Also will the tours from the cruise line sell out or can I wait and decide to do them once on the boat?

I've cruised on Celebrity, Royal Carr and Carnival and you can book on the ship on all of these....either in your room on the TV or go to the Excursion Desk at certain times they have posted and usually stand in line. You do run the risk of some of the tours being sold out. You could book now online and cancel as your cruise gets closer. If you can go in with those on your cruise with private tours it is usually a lot less expensive. Good Luck!

I would check how many ships will be in port with you. See www.cruisecal.com. If there are alot of people wanting the same thing- the resources of the port might be strained and you could not get what you want.

If you book ahead of time - private & ship tour - you will be assured of what you want.

MaryAnn

Archived