Old topic, but.......

Becky81

My brother was recently on a RC cruise and told me that they actually now have "pool police". These are workers who strictly scan the pool area, and if you are not sitting in your chair for any length of time, will take your towels away! :eek: They also take the towels away early morning if you are not actually sitting in the chair. My question is (and I am afraid to ask) but has Carnival adopted this policy?

My brother was recently on a RC cruise and told me that they actually now have "pool police". These are workers who strictly scan the pool area, and if you are not sitting in your chair for any length of time, will take your towels away! :eek: They also take the towels away early morning if you are not actually sitting in the chair. My question is (and I am afraid to ask) but has Carnival adopted this policy?

...I am on the RCI boards a lot, this is not being reported, and Carnival, not ever been reported there...

One can always dream....maybe those same "police" would enforce the other pools rules as well. (adult only areas, no kids in the hot tubs, etc)

They were actually doing this on the last RCI cruise I went on last fall. They had a guy coming around removing towels that had been sitting on chairs unused. On the upper sun area, he was asking people how long the chair had been empty, because they weren't "scanning" that area as closely as the one right near the pool, but they were enforcing the "no saving chairs" rule.

I am in no way a chair hogs we always us one or maybe two chairs for the four of us.. family of four using 1-2 chairs just to satisfy other people so we dont get accused of being chair hogs, does not seem right but hey what can I do?? so what this rule is or enforcement is going to do is now force me or my wife and/or family of four to have to stop enjoyong our fun filled time in the pool just to go back to our chair full of "our" items tome make sure thand to prove to every one that we are still there??? Some one please explain to me the theory behind this?? It sounds good to all those that opposed the chair hog travesty but this will do more harm then good when people who are in the water trying to enjoy what they paid to do come to there chair to find it gone, or worst on the floor....AGAIN I am no chair hog and I am not supporting them, but I will be darned if I have to come to my chair ever 30 minutes just to prove that I am there!!

there is security around the pool area, but i've never seen them remove towels. i'm sure the last thing they want to do is get involved in the chair hog mess.

YEA!!!! Wouldn't that be great to have to chair hogs policed.

I actually wrote to carnival after my christmas glory cruise (where the hogging was very bad. They thanked me for my input and sent me the "45 day letter" for my next cruise. SAid they would look into the problem:confused: Huh.....look into it --- they need to act on it:) Hopefully, they will hear about positive results for other cruiselines and start enforcing the rule as well

On our recent cruise on Pride we just went and removed items like sun tan lotion, sneakers, books off the chairs not being used and obviuously being hogged and sat there. It was silly there was not a chair avaliable if we didn't. They should definatly plolice the chair hogs as well as the adults only decks.

I am in no way a chair hogs we always us one or maybe two chairs for the four of us.. family of four using 1-2 chairs just to satisfy other people so we dont get accused of being chair hogs, does not seem right but hey what can I do?? so what this rule is or enforcement is going to do is now force me or my wife and/or family of four to have to stop enjoyong our fun filled time in the pool just to go back to our chair full of "our" items tome make sure thand to prove to every one that we are still there??? Some one please explain to me the theory behind this?? It sounds good to all those that opposed the chair hog travesty but this will do more harm then good when people who are in the water trying to enjoy what they paid to do come to there chair to find it gone, or worst on the floor....AGAIN I am no chair hog and I am not supporting them, but I will be darned if I have to come to my chair ever 30 minutes just to prove that I am there!!

All you have to do is tell the monitor that you and your family are in the pool and ask to be notified if there is a problem. You will only lose your chairs if they remain empty and you are somewhere else on the ship.

This was not done at all on my Navigator (RC) cruise last week.

They did make an announcement about "no seat saving" at the ice show, but they did not enforce at all. One woman was saving an entire row!

All you have to do is tell the monitor that you and your family are in the pool and ask to be notified if there is a problem. You will only lose your chairs if they remain empty and you are somewhere else on the ship.

Thats all fine but I am not reffering to leaving an empty chair per se' but a chair with my families items, being that I would only use 1-2 chairs for 4 of us while others use 1 chair for each member of thier family and then another just for towels, how are those of us that will try to make every one happy be happy if we have to keep one eye on the kids and another one our belongings???? the staff can only watch but so many at a time. It has been said by plenty of of other cruisers that "if I see something on a chair for a length of time I am going to move it!!" who designated them to remove anything that belongs to another person and not even knowing if I had already spoken with a staff member or not to let them know, how will that other cruiser that just so happen to see my chair with no person in it know that enough time has past?? Like I said I am not speak for chair hogs but looking out for my future well being and my families belongings..

Jus one more thing lets say we have a cruiser thats been eyeing a chair and they are now frustrated cause several minutes have past and no one has returned have they been so blinded by only focussing on that chair that they did not see the other chairs become available?? two wh will be at fault if items are "mistakenly" mishandled or lost du to another cruiser removing the items to the floor?? shoe?? wallet? inhaler? glasses?? etc...Yes I feel that this should be enforced cause I see it allot on my land bases vacations but when did it become the right for this to be enforced by another vacationer??

This was not done at all on my Navigator (RC) cruise last week.

They did make an announcement about "no seat saving" at the ice show, but they did not enforce at all. One woman was saving an entire row!

sorry not on point, but had to check in w/ you...how did you make out? i'm guessing your flight went as scheduled b/c you were 11:00, right? ours was an originator at 6:40 am and was cancelled! we had to drive, but at the end of the day, we are glad we did. had a good time, hope you did too.

We took a RCI cruise on the Mariner of the Seas in August. They had "Pool Police" as stated. They made sure that the kids had an adult at the pool watching them. (And I mean at the pool, not in a lounge chair ten feet away.) I cannot remember where I saw it, but it was posted somewhere on the ship that they would remove your belongings if you left them in a chair, but were not using the chair(perhaps it was listed on the pool rules sign at the pool). That being said, we had no problem keeping our chair while we were at the pool. The "pool police" are not blind and dumb. They can see you move from the chair to the pool and back and forth. They were very vigilant and effective IMO. Also, I am curious why someone would think children are not allowed in the hot tubs. I believe there are hot tubs that are adults only, but also hot tubs that are open for families.:)

They do this on Celebrity.

They have Pool Butlers. These people run around the pool area taking towels/personal items off chairs that have been vacant too long.

It was one of the things I liked about X. That and the fact that the lounge chairs had padded covers on them. Very comfy. :)

My last cruise on Carnival (Miracle 2004) there were pool police at the adult pool that kept kids under 18 out, but they didn't police the chair hogs

I called carnival asking what's their deck chair saving policy and how long exactly can you temporarily vacate your chair (to swim or such) before it's considered free.

I was transfered to someone in customer service...

They said they've never heard of such a policy.

(signs onboard do state no chair saving however)

I called carnival asking what's their deck chair saving policy and how long exactly can you temporarily vacate your chair (to swim or such) before it's considered free.

I was transfered to someone in customer service...

They said they've never heard of such a policy.

(signs onboard do state no chair saving however)

LOL....Carnival customer service agents seem to attend the same school as IRS helpline agents. All answers are guaranteed 50% accurate. :D

Any RCCL ship we have sailed on monitored the chairs and the pools all day long - it was great - no chair hogs! You could leave go for a swim and come back in a reasonable amount of time without incident. The other thing I was impressed with was no kids in the hot tubs, and the adults only swimming area. I actually saw this in action when there were children in the hot tubs - their mother was not happy but we adults were sure pleased when they asked, and then demanded the children leave the area. I love kids, but when I am on vacation, I don't want to watch a strangers children -- stay with your children and abide by the rules. Another plus on the RCCL side is their pools and hot tubs stay open into the evening - on some evenings their solariums are open all night long - wonderful to go sit in the hot tub at 2 or 3 am!

Archived