Am I Seeeing a Trend?

srb

"I, too, am a little concerned about the comments I'm seeing. Of course, there will always be those who cannot be pleased no matter what, but the trend doesn't seem to be coming from the malcontents. I am booked on a cruise in mid June which has already cost a lot of money. From what I see on Oceania's web site, the tours are considerable more expensive than comparable tours with other cruise lines. As a former Ren cruiser, I'll have to wait and see about Oceania. I just hope they don't provide "beer" at "champagne" prices."

gr8aunt:

When we were aboard Insignia, we thought the excursion prices were comparable to what other lines charge. Not that I think they're cheap.

Other than a shuttle or two, we haven't bought a ship tour on the last 6 or 8 cruises we've done. We prefer to rent a car or find a private guide. It's a little more work to set up, but you see more [of what interests you], generally have more fun, and usually save money.

So far as comparing "O" to "R", in some areas O is about the same, in many areas much better, and in one significant area, much "worse". Their pricing is about double what Ren used to charge <sigh>. Still a good value on most cruises, though.

Doug n Sherry

I am sick of hearing the same comments from one cruise. It may be coincidence, but Merriem has a web site that is very pro-Kerry and the cruise she was on had a pro-Bush speaker from the Pentagon. Maybe it was a bad taste of politics that set off the group of passengers. Either way I would like to write off the one cruise and move on. I will be on my first Oceania cruise on Monday and am curious to compare.

et2,

Do you think that politics belong on a cruise?

Remember the old saying "you do not discuss, religion, the civil war, and politics". I sure do not want to hear about it on my vacation.

However, I did not go to this guys "enrichment lectures", but saw him on the tv and my husband went.

On a South American trip we had a Geologist from the University of Georgia that spent two weeks giving lectures about the area we were in. Now that is enrichment. Hope you have a nice vacation.

Archived