Scenes of Grenada & Grand Anse Beach

8373seth

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the one we booked through Princess. Not to be a downer but I didn't think that it was really that great. I don't know if they over booked the tour or what but they huddled you all onto these vans - our group wasn't able to even be in the same van. My husband and I had the 'luxury' of getting to sit up front with the driver with the stick shift in the middle. The tour consisted of the driver trying to talk over everyone as we hurried around the island - made a couple of stops and then we thought it would get better as we hit the beach. The beach is nice as is the water - but it is a public beach so everyone was trying to sell you stuff, etc. We didn't even think it was safe to leave all of our belongings so we could all go into the water at once. Lets just say overall Grenada wasn't our favorite island. :(

• 2 weeks later...

we just did this tour last week and had a great time. Our one complaint was that we would have liked to have spent more time on the beach.

The entire group was broken up into smaller groups of 12 - 14, depending on the size of the van. We were 5 and were able to stay together. Our driver spoke during the drive, and then took us to a fort - Fort Matthew?? where we had a short tour and were able to get some beautiful shots of the ship and harbor. There was a very small stand selling spices and spice necklaces -not pushy at all.

We then went to a rum factory. Rum was not being produced, but we got a brief talk about some of the different types of rum and were able to taste them - the spiced rum liquour is out of this world - and buy them.

Then we went to the beach. The water was fabulous! The vendors, when we said no thank you, left us alone.

• 3 weeks later...

I would nt really recommend this Princess tour. The rum tasting was just an attempt to get you to buy rum- we had no tour and no information about how it was made. The Grand Anse beach was just overrun with pedlars.

• 3 months later...

We did the Land & Sea tour offered through Princess which was the best!

I assume you like the beach if you wanted to book your tour, and I have to tell you that Mourne Rouge Beach was the absolute best beach we've ever seen in the Caribbean (we've seen a lot of beaches on many Caribbean Cruises.) The first part of the excursion was snorkeling at Flamingo Point, which was great, after that it went to Mourne Rouge. At Mourne Rouge the staff offered us drinks while on the beach and in the water. We all thought the service was great! I would definately do this one again if I went to Grenada. At the risk of using an overused work, this beach was AWESOME!!!!! I heard complaints about Grand Anse and the local peddlers being very annoying, so I'm glad I didn't go there.

Archived