Progreso

My family and I leave 3/31 on the NCL Dream. We stop in Progreso, Belize & Cozumel. We were in Progreso 5 years ago with Celebrity. While the city was quaint and a little run down, the beach was beautiful. Does anyone have any suggestions, with the exception of the over priced excursions, to do there with 5 & 8 year old boys? I know they will love the beach; does anyone have a suggestion on a beach side restaurant for some authentic food and drink?

Hi! Why don't you and your family rent a car and take your boys to see the Uxmal ruins? They are very large and I know that my 5 year old son would love to see the pyramid. We will be there this coming Wednesday so I can update you when we get back. Not only would it be an adventure, it would be educational too!

Have fun!

Hi Cheryl, We are also on the 3/31 Dream and are also trying to figure what to do in Progresso.

If you haven't seen it yet there is a thread in the Roll Call section dedicated to the 3/31 Dream sailing.

David

• 1 month later...
Hi! Why don't you and your family rent a car and take your boys to see the Uxmal ruins? They are very large and I know that my 5 year old son would love to see the pyramid. We will be there this coming Wednesday so I can update you when we get back. Not only would it be an adventure, it would be educational too!

Have fun!

We have been to other parts of Mexico where it looked pretty scary/dangerous to drive.

Did you feel that it was pretty safe when you rented a car.

I remember years ago when we went to Jamaica (about 20+). I thought it would be cool to rent a motorcycle. ...Not!

Thanks,

Claudia

When I vacation in Merida (21 miles from Progreso) I always rent a car for at least a few days. Roads are good and not at all crowded outside of the city. Remember, US auto insurance gives NO coverage in Mexico. Purchase with your rental.

Archived