Pacific Star Cruises R708 & R709 Reviews

rplusr

Hi everyone,

Well we have returned from our 2 cruises on the Pacific Star. We have to say we had a great time and would go again in a 'heartbeat". Our 3 day to "nowhere" was very relaxing and I have to say I was reasonably happy with P & O. There was a bit of a problem in getting accurate info on our transferring to the next cruise without having to completely disembark but this was sorted in the end.

We had some excitement on our last night when all the lights went out and the engines stopped dead in the water. Being in our cabin at the time we heard the alarms go off and there was security running around telling everyone on deck 4 to get lifejackets and other personal items and to go to their muster station. By the time we had things in hand the Captain was advising us of the problem and at this stage there was no need to be concerned they were looking into the problem and hoped to have it fixed shortly. We didn't need to go to our muster station and the lights were back on within another 5 minutes.

It was great to eventually catch up with mumstimeout - we had orginially organised to meet with her and also VIK99 aft on the promenade deck by the pool but we had to do our emergency drill at that time. So thankfully Nikki spied us in the lift one day and said hi. Great to meet you and I am looking forward to hearing about your next cruise. Once you get the bug it won't be long before you will be looking to book one lol.

Then our week cruise to Noumea, Lifou and Vanuatu was just heavenly. We opted to do our own thing in each of the ports and are very happy we did. When we go again we will probably do one of the ships tours.

We arrived in Noumea at 3pm the afternoon of the morning that the Pacific Princess had departed. We had friends who were on that ship. Our afternoon was very enjoyable, we did a little sightseeing (more like wandering around), enjoyed a couple of very cold local beers in a "pub" trying to use our very limited school days French and then had dinner ashore at a local backstreet bar and pizza restaurant. All in all a great day.

Lifou would have to be a beautiful island and very much a day of leisure for us as we went ashore in the afternoon and browsed the markets the islanders had set up and then just enjoyed the beach and watching the passing parade. Friends went snorkelling and they had a fantastic time - even saw a sea snake quite up close and personal.

Vila was our shopping day where we got our duty free alcohol and at absolutely fantastic rates. For anyone who may go to Vila it is the last duty free shop on the left hand side at the end of the main street. There were the usual clothing, tshirts, jewellery etc shops and we browsed through quite a few - not without many a moment of "oooh isn't that lovely etc etc".

All in all a wonderful cruise and the staff were excellent and the food was good. The weather the on our 3 day cruise was a little rocky but nothing that really worried us. For our next 7 days the weather was very calm and the seas were nearly a millpond. So different from our cruise last year when we had 2 cyclones to contend with.

We would do another one in a heartbeat but will have to be content with waiting for our Sun Princess (SUNS.E.T.S.) cruise in 13 months and 4 days time.

Cheers all

Robyn & Reg

Hi RplusR,

Thanks for your review, sounds like you had a wonderful time, those cold beers sound good in Noumea! Every holiday is what you make of it isn't it?

We have always met wonderful people on our holidays, especially cruising!

Chez

Thanks for your great review :) it certainly builds the excitement levels and I love to find out what to look for etc. I leave for my 1st cruise Next Saturday (only a week to go)wow. I too am leaving on the Star and going to Noumea, Lifou and Villa - so looking forward to visiting these places.

Glad you had a great time and thanks again for all the wonderful info.

Thanks everyone I am pleased you enjoyed the review.

Oztraveller - you will have a fantastic time and this week will go really quickly.

Chez - crusing is just great - so relaxing and you meet so many wonderful people.

Karen - it will not be long and you will be on your way.

Wish you all a wonderful time on your upcoming cruises

Cheers

Robyn

Hi rplusr,

Glad to hear that you both had such a lovely time!I wish we had been able to catch up on board!3 days was definately not long enough!That first night was really crazy and I realised I was not going to get a chance to find you.My kids had a greta time and thankfully neither were sick!The stewards were really fantastic to my 5 year old -nothing was too much trouble!I won bingo 2 days running-that was exciting!The cruise experience is really in my blood now and we are starting to plan another already.Keep in touch...

Hi rplusr,

Glad to hear that you both had such a lovely time!I wish we had been able to catch up on board!3 days was definately not long enough!That first night was really crazy and I realised I was not going to get a chance to find you.My kids had a greta time and thankfully neither were sick!The stewards were really fantastic to my 5 year old -nothing was too much trouble!I won bingo 2 days running-that was exciting!The cruise experience is really in my blood now and we are starting to plan another already.Keep in touch...

So please to hear you had a great time and I understand what you mean about wanting to do more and more cruises. I find it just so relaxing as you can do as much or as little as you want. We had fun at the art auction and bought a couple of beautiful pieces of art. Now to our saving for our big cruise next year. Take care and have fun planning your next cruise.

Cheers

Robyn

Welcome back dear friends so glad you enjoyed both your cruises , it was so great to meat up with you. Now the hard bit getting back into the swing of housework and back to work.:confused:

Speak to you real soon.

Nikki:D

Welcome back dear friends so glad you enjoyed both your cruises , it was so great to meat up with you. Now the hard bit getting back into the swing of housework and back to work.:confused:

Speak to you real soon.

Nikki:D

Hi Nikki

Oh yes it has been very diffuclt to get back into the swing of things and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Mmmm so to make things easier on us we have booked another cruise :D on Pacific Sun leaving 9 November from Sydney. We will be going with our friends that we travelled with this time. They are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary and it is also Reg's birthday on 9th so that seems like a good enough reason to go on holiday again. The fare includes the flight from Brissie to Sydney so it is an excellent deal and this time we go to Isle of Pines, Vila and Lifou so at least one place we have not been to before.

Take care and talk soon

Robyn:)

Archived