New York Cruise

griswalds

We want to take the Crown Princess out of New York for the 9 day cruise. I would appreciate knowing how the weather will be in May leaving out of New York. As well, are the seas usually rougher in that area of the Atlantic?

Do you sail right past the Statue of Liberty?

Any suggestions on which airport to fly into and hotel recommendations in New York. We may try to catch a Broadway show so that may impact on hotel selection.

Griswalds

The weather in May is generally very nice. The daytime temps ususally fromj 70 to 80 F, the nights will be cooler. We did pass the Statue of Liberty when cruising out of NY in 2004, but I"m not 100% sure now since the port has changed. The seas depend on the weather. We cruised in Oct and the seas out of NY were fine.

You will see the Statue of Liberty most likely when you fly in though. There are 3 major airports in the area Kennedy and LaGuardia in NY and Newark in NJ basically just across the river. I really never flew to to NY for a visit since I live in NJ. I don't know which will be best. It depends if you will rent a car, rely on public transportation and all the sites you plan on visiting.

A hotel that I have stayed in in the theatre district is the Marriott Marquis. It is very, very nice and within walking distanct of most theatres, however, not cheap. It runs approx. $300 per night. I stayed on a work related visit.

You will see the Statue of Liberty when you leave. It will be on the starboard side of the ship.

There are many hotels in the theater district if that is where you want to stay. Princess leaves out of the Brookln Red Hook terminal, not Manhattan, so you'll need to cab it to the pier.

We're going the end of May. Got an incredible deal at the Wingate Inn in Manhattan. We paid double that last time we were in NYC. Got it for $183/nt which includes a huge breakfast. Great reviews - almost brand new hotel. Right next door to Macy's.

Good luck! NYC is amazing. Subway system is the way to go - fast, inexpensive. Then take a cab to the port.

We fly into LGA, but JFK would be fine too. Don't do Newark

I really appreciate the feedback.

Griswalds

We're going the end of May. Got an incredible deal at the Wingate Inn in Manhattan. We paid double that last time we were in NYC. Got it for $183/nt which includes a huge breakfast. Great reviews - almost brand new hotel. Right next door to Macy's.

Good luck! NYC is amazing. Subway system is the way to go - fast, inexpensive. Then take a cab to the port.

We fly into LGA, but JFK would be fine too. Don't do Newark

Archived