liberty questions

buuzz

Hi Every one !

1 st time on this site.

There is alot of great info here.

This is our third cruise with carnival.

Going on the liberty April 14 2007.

Hope to get some questoin answered here.

1. Where do I find the role call.

2a. Shore excursions, how do you get hooked up with private operators on these excursions.

2b. Costs Maya we would like to scuba dive. My wife and I both have our "c" cards with Padi. I don't know if we should go with the ships excursion or try private.

3. costa rica. Thinking of the sloth sanctuary and canoe adventuer?

Any thoughts.

4. Panama. We were told to take the rail canal tour because the boat would be over crowded. Anyone know of private tours. I see this guy Mario but how do you get hooked up with him.

5. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for taking the time to read.

And thank You for taking the time to to answer my questions.

Hi buuzz, and welcome!

Here's the link to your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275629

Private excursions - I would recommend that you go to the "ports of call" section here on CC and look at the postings for each of your ports of call; there are separate boards for Costa Maya, Costa Rica and Panama. You will see a fair amount of discussion about private excursions there. I would suggest doing some research on any of the operators you find (e.g., registered/licensed, insured, etc.) With respect to Mario in particular, his website is http://www.myfriendmario.com/.

Hope this helps, and hope you enjoy Liberty as much as we did!

I also reccomend Charlie Soto with okey dokey tours. We used him and Mario, and loved them both.

The prices for private tours were much lower than with Carnival, and from talking to others, seemed much better. We zip lined in Costa Rica. Everyone loved it. Check into it if you are into that kind of stuff. We had ages from 9 to 70, all zip lining.

We are doing the same itinary next Jan. The rest of our group has never been there. I am anxious to go again and do something else. I really loved Costa Rica. It is such a beautiful country. I would have been happy just riding aroung and looking at the scenery.

You will love the Liberty. We have been on it twice, with another one booked.

Archived