Panoramas of Hawaii from Cruises

Paulmj

Thank you so much for those pix. Especially the ones of the food. I'm really getting anxious now. I have been in Hawaii twice before and can't get that beauty out of my mind. Just wish I was lucky enough to live there.

Paulmj

Please stop this! I WANT TO GO BACK! And I can't at least for a while. Is it nice to torture people with pictures like this????

I must admit the Diamond Head grill (where we purchased a couple of meals while in Oahu) didn't have quite the gorgeous presentations shown here but the food tasted wonderful and when we carried it back to our lanai and ate it while overlooking the lush garden of our B&B and listening to the calls of birds we had never heard before, It was a magical experience. I really loved Hawaii. Oahu, the big island and Maui, which I visited years ago.

I don't think I would want to live there, just because it is almost to good to be true and, if I lived there all the time, I think I might start taking it for granted.

The panoramas are stitched together using Panorama Factory. I've used this software for many pans that I've posted up here and there over several years. I find it easy to use and the results (should) speak for themselves.

If you have an interest in seeing some panoramas that I took last summer in the Mediterranean while on the Golden Princess, see:

http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/european_panoramas

Thank you again Paul for the great photos. Can you tell me, did you feel that you were missing out on anything by touring Europe on a cruise? Am considering this for next year. Have already been abroad but somehow feel we'll be missing out if we stay on ship as opposed to staying in hotels. Obviously the ship saves a lot of travel time. Would you share your thoughts? Thanks! :)

We've taken at least a half-dozen cruises in Europe, and have another already booked for next July. In our view, this is the only way to go. Obviously, a large body of people don't feel that way, and often for very good reasons.

We've done it the other way too. It becomes a very personal choice.

I would suggest you come up with a list of pros and cons for each type of travel method and decide what is right for you.

Basically, you would have to decide whether it is best to see 5 cities in 5 days or 1-2 cities in 5 days, with a lot of travel by bus/car/train in between.

Also, we find that cruising is a lot less expensive and therefore it works better for our budget.

Right, obviously the biggest plus the time issue. I was just glancing itineraries and many ships dock overnight anyways. Plus, with world events I think we may feel more comfortable on a ship. There are a lot of places I'd like to see but perhaps not even stay overnight. Was wondering if time felt "lost" if you didn't sleep in a foreign hotel. Thanks for your insight, I feel much better about it now! :D

Archived