Spirit - laptop

Cruisemom39

Sorry to beat this dead horse! I've been using search function regard power on Spirit, need for adaptors for blowdryers, etc. I would like to bring my laptop on Spirit - apparently I need a power strip but do I need an adaptor, too? Or can I plug the power strip into the 110 and run my laptop off of it? I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but all the conversations about voltage have my head spinning. We don't have anything else to plug in. I'll probably just use the ship's hairdryer out of fear of inconviencing other pax by blowing a circuit!

Thanks

Sorry to beat this dead horse! I've been using search function regard power on Spirit, need for adaptors for blowdryers, etc. I would like to bring my laptop on Spirit - apparently I need a power strip but do I need an adaptor, too? Or can I plug the power strip into the 110 and run my laptop off of it? I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but all the conversations about voltage have my head spinning. We don't have anything else to plug in. I'll probably just use the ship's hairdryer out of fear of inconviencing other pax by blowing a circuit!

Thanks

The outlets are all 110V so you can plug your laptop into them. The power strip would just be for the convenience of having more outlets in the room.

I was just on the Pearl and the hairdryer was excellent.

I was on the spirit a few weeks ago. Plugged the laptop in the 110 outlet in the room. I had a power strip, no special adapter.

Had no problem with the cabin hairdryer, it did the job.

Have an great time !

Thanks

Although your laptop can plug in to the 110 outlet directly, I would still suggest you use a power strip with a surge protector. If someone in another cabin pops that circuit, it could cause a surge in your outlet. Just food for thought, but you wouldn't want to have a surge go through your computer.

Archived