Oceania Spa Services

srb

My wife asked me if there was any information on the various Boards regarding the quality of Oceania's spa services. She has found a wide range of quality on past travels from outstanding to less than stellar. I haven't seen much discussion about Oceania's massages, treatments and the like other than the Oceania site. Would anyone who has used the Oceania spa services care to share their experiences?

We have found that spa services when traveling (especially on ships) tend to be very expensive and, while she would love to use them, she would rather not spend the cash on a so-so experience. We are a week away from joining the Regatta Dover to Stockholm cruise. Can not wait. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Sincerly,

Stephen

On the Insignia last month my spouse investigated them and decided the price was way too much for the service. While not the spa, a couple of fellow pax came to dinner on various nights cursing a blue streak (well, more genteel than that - maybe a powder blue streak) about the hairdresser, as in &*#$@! hairdresser.

Herself did, discover, OTOH, that the Thallasotherapy pool was unused completely, and afforded a grand view over the nose of the boat, price nothing. I guess that lets the secret out.

I'm pretty good at blowing out my hair, but done professionally, it looks much better than when I do it myself as generally looks good the next day too. That said, I treated myself to having my hair blown out one day on the ship and they didn't do a good job at all. My husband said they didn't do it any better than I can do it myself. A real waste of money.

I had a manicure mid cruise and though the manicure was good the choice of nail polish colors was pathetic. They had about 6 color choices.....my cheapo little nail salon at home carries about 100! So if you're going to need a manicure, bring your own polish from home.

Archived