Yellowbird

debster818

Any comments on this trip? We are thinking about taking this, but don't want to wast our time if it is not "fun".

The Yellowbird is what you make of it. It's not a party boat or booze cruise. It's 3 decks, main deck has a DJ, bar, dancefloor etc, the second is mostly covered and looks down over the dance floor with a fan tail, and the top is a sun deck.

They serve unlimited rum punch, or you can purchase beer or rum drinks.

Once on the beach, the boat bar is closed and you're at Blackbeards Cay. Nice beach, lounge chairs, bar and grill, souveniers etc.

The ride over is usually quiet and relaxing, but coming back.. people are usually a little loosened up and the music gets moving and folks get on the dancefloor for local dances and line dances.. plus a limbo contest. It's fun. But it's not a booze cruise.. It's family oriented.. so you may have a 10 year old - grandma on the dancefloor at the same time as the 20 somethings..

It's a pretty resaonably priced tour for what you get.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2761541010088662436SpzgfA

Things must have changed since 5/05 when we went. There was no DJ, it was a guy with a synthesizer and an electric guitar. The only people on the dancefloor were the kids and the middle-aged, drunk "birthday girl" :D . The punch wasn't very good. The ride over and back took just as long as we were even on the beach. The beach itself was nice, but we were only there for an hour and a half. I'm not a complainer by nature, but really could have found better things to do with my time and money.

I would have much rather explored Nassau a bit, maybe poked around Atlantis for a while, done some shopping, hit Sr. Frog's. Just my $0.02.;)

Archived