shuttle from Cruise to airport/Vancouver

born2cruiseagain

Does anyone know if you can just catch a shuttle from the cruise terminal in Vancouver to the airport, or do you need to reserve in advance. I seem to remember many shuttles just hanging around looking for fares when we were on our cruise last May.

Thanks in advance

I suggest reserving in advance for a shuttle. www.quickcoach.com is one. The schedule shows about one hour from Canada Place Pier and 1:15 minutes from Ballantyne Pier to Vancouver Airport (YVR).

Also, consider a taxi, they run about $35-$40 Canadian, if I remember correctly, and take about 40 minutes or so. Get in the taxi line at the pier as soon as you debark the ship and clear customs. They pull into the area just outside under the roof.

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/toandfrom/index.asp

Here's a link to the "Getting to and from the Airport" page on the Vancouver airport page. You can click on to the different options and some of the links will take you directly to private company websites.

I have been working on Vancouver transportation for our June cruise. We have 8 in our party and are staying in a hotel near the airport, so we opted for a privately booked limo van to take us to the airport.

I would suggest limojet ....just use the link that Cruise Arizona has above to check on the details.

The taxi line after a cruise is very long.

and also make sure you know where you are docking.. Canada Place or Ballantyne

We've used Limojet a few times - MUCH better than a taxi. I would reserve in advance. The last time as we were waiting (just a minute or less as the dispatcher in the cruise area calls for your limo), another couple came up to see about a limo. The taxi line was looooooooooooong. The price the dispatcher quoted them (for a different company) was more than we had paid for the round trip.

How about US Direct. We booked our shuttle directly from X, and then got to use US Direct. I worked pretty well. X doesn't know much about it, even tho they offer it. I had to talk to 3 different people to find someone who knew about it. I haven't checked into limos. There will be 4 of us, I don't want to use a Taxi, so I thought the shuttle would be better. Maybe I should consider the limojet??? It is cheaper?? Anyone else done US Direct? I hate to say I don't remember much, I know it was fast to get thru, but I don't have anything else to compare it to. ??????

Archived