Gift packs for fellow cruisers

ekeberg

We are going to Alaska on Mercury in July for my good friends 50th birthday and she has several family and friends joining us who have never cruised before. I was thinking of making up little gift bags for each couple and would love some ideas on what to put in them?

Any suggestions?

Lynn

A highlighter for the cruise dailes, some sticky notes, a sheet of duct tape pieces, some safety pins, a waterproof container that hangs around your neck for keys and valuable while snorkeling or swimming.

I'll keep thinking.

Something fun I'm thinking about doing for my upcoming cruise are personalized M&Ms. They have a website mymms.com where you can customize your colors and add personalized messages.

On one order you can select two different colors and have two different messages. The minimum order can seem a little high, but depending upon how many people and what you want to put on them, it can be worthwhile.

[quote=tuggers }An insulated mug. For duct tape I would buy those $1 store flat packs that have a few yards.

Hey Tuggers, remember me? Did you go on the Zenith cruise yet?

Which $1 store has the flat Duct tape? They use to sell it at Wal-Mart, but haven't had it for a long long time.

A lanyard would be a nice little gift too.

Of course, I remember you, Helen, you took my message to Raphael! Thank you again! BTW, our tablemates turned out to be pretty bad. Did you read my 'Live from' thread on the main X board? Funny now, but not at the time!

I have seen the flat packs at Dollar Trees but I haven't bought any for a while. I wonder why Wal-Mart stopped carrying it, because I know I've seen it there.

I will be back on Z 4/2 till the end.

We have 40 people sailing with us for our wedding onboard Century next week. Here's what we put in our welcome bags:

Sample sizes of bandaids, excedrin, dramamine, Alka Seltzer, Rolaids, hand sanitizer and a lint roller. All from www.minimus.biz.

Personalized M&Ms from www.mymms.com

Little flip flop shaped picture frames from www.thenauticalshop.com

Sunglass-shaped post-it notes from www.orientaltrading.com

Sorry... I hit the wrong button and the message sent before I was through...

Custom printed koozies from *****

Martini glass shaped sunglasses from http://www.shadesoffun.com

Custom printed temporary tatoos from http://www.temptats.net

We also threw in a Tide Stick

Plus... be sure to add a little welcome note!

Hope this helps!

Duct tape was one of the best things we've taken aboard. It can be used to tape shut a drawer or door that likes to move while the ship is too. It can also be used to quickly repair a ripped hem or seam or many other items.

IndyBride,

Thanks so much for all the web sites. I was worried about packing all this extra stuff but my travel agent said I can ship it to the port for about $30 so I'm going to start buying stuff and making little gifts up.

Tuggers, your idea about the mugs is great and I can use them to put some of the items in.

Thanks to everyone

Lynn

Archived