St.Thomas with 3 & 5 year old

Buterfly3547

We are going to be travelling on RCL in Nov. In St Marteen we plan on taking water taxi to the beach and do a little shopping. Can we do something similar in St. Thomas? Didn't really want to spend alot of money on excursions and we know our dd's would love just playing on a beach. We prefer not to take taxis because of safety concerns with no carseats. Any advise would be greatful. Thanks...

Don't know of any water taxi's where the cruise ships anchor in St thomas. A good spot for children of that age is Coral World (lockers,clean bathrooms & showers), with the underwater observation pod, touch pools and Coki Beach (few real waves and shallow out far) right next door. It's a great all day spot for children. Google it and you'll also find a discount coupon but sadly you will have to get taxi or van transportation to most things to do at this port.

Thanks so much for the help. I was thinking about Coral World.

Jeff, thanks for the website. I will check out Henry's website as soon as I finish this post. I didn't want to spend much more than $100 on excursions and am a little concerned about no car seats for the little ones. We learnt the hard way last year car accidents happen on vacation. Just thank god no one was hurt! But I do want do some shopping, see the sites and go to a beach so it sounds like we have little choice.

If it will make you feel better, the speed limit on the Island is very low compared to US mainland, there are accidents, but very seldom are they horendous. The cabs have seat belts and we use them when our grandchildren are with us. The cabs are generally vans and the drivers are very careful of them because repairs are $$$$ and keep them tied up for months while parts come from the mainland by boat. They do not want an accident either, express your concerns to the driver,in a positive way. Most are family men themselves and concerned with the safety of their passengers.

Enjoy the Island:) .

B.

Archived