Soda Card How does it work on Princess?

tap & dap

We will be on the Island Princess in May. How does their soda program work? Where can you get the soda? bars, cans, dining rooom?

If you don't buy the soda package what are the free drinks available on board during the day and in the dining rooms?

Is the program something that a couple can share, or does each of us need their own card?

Thanks for the help.

The soda "card" is actually a sticker that goes on your cruise card. Since it's bought for each card, it is not to be shared. It's good for dispensed soda in any bar or restaurant (dining room, specialty restaurant or the buffet) onboard the ship and does not include canned soda or the soda in your cabin. You can be by the pool or any of the theaters and ask for a soda if you want. Anywhere there is a server, you can ask for a soda with your soda card.

How much is the coke card for a 10 night cruise?

I know the 7 day was $30.

It's roughly $3.99/day. I'd have to look at my final bill from my Golden cruise, which I just returned from, which was 12 days but I seem to remember that the soda card was $48 + 15% tip.

Iced Tea and coffee (not specialty) are free.

Also tap water, and juices at breakfast.

The free coffee is made from a concentrate that is mixed with hot water. Opinions on how good it is vary widely. If you want traditional brewed coffee, you can get it at the bars for $1/cup.

The list of free beverages is pretty short!

Some recommend bringing packages of drink mix like Crystal Light and then mixing it with water and ice that you can get for free.

The soda "card" is actually a sticker that goes on your cruise card. Since it's bought for each card, it is not to be shared. It's good for dispensed soda in any bar or restaurant (dining room, specialty restaurant or the buffet) onboard the ship and does not include canned soda or the soda in your cabin. You can be by the pool or any of the theaters and ask for a soda if you want. Anywhere there is a server, you can ask for a soda with your soda card.

Really, it can be shared if you just have the one person who bought the soda sticker, buy the sodas for everyone who wants one. In our group, we mainly stuck around together on the ship, so whenever a pop was needed, the person with the sticker would just go "buy" them. Saved a lot of money!

mrcruzer

Thats exactly what we did. 1 was bought and then 4 of us shared. All you had to do was show the card with the sticker on it. The never did check to see who the card belonged to.

I always bring my own cans of pop/soda/juice on board with me! I store them in the mini fridge that's in the room. That way I don't have to drink watery fountain pop, and it's much cheaper I find than the pop card.

For instance... on a 7 night cruise it will cost you approximately $35 for a pop card. That's like 9 cases of pop that you can buy, and i don't know anyone that drinks that much in a week! :)

Really, it can be shared if you just have the one person who bought the soda sticker, buy the sodas for everyone who wants one. In our group, we mainly stuck around together on the ship, so whenever a pop was needed, the person with the sticker would just go "buy" them. Saved a lot of money!

and

mrcruzer

quote=sixpk "Thats exactly what we did. 1 was bought and then 4 of us shared. All you had to do was show the card with the sticker on it. The never did check to see who the card belonged to."

This is possible, but when you think about it, it is stealing. I know that people do it and to confess, the idea popped in our heads, also. But we decided that we would rather have a clear conscience for the $31.00 it would save us. When I went to the bar to order 2 sodas (one for me and one for DH) they asked to see both cards a couple of times. When people do this kind of stuff, it makes the ones that do pay for it pay more.

This is fraud and one of the reasons why the soda card cost has gone up. It's the same thing as people passing along their Platinum/Elite card to others so they could use "free" Internet and look what's happened there. I sure hope there weren't kids in your group: what a terrible example being set. Of course it saved you money -- you were stealing.

Archived