NCL Wind-Owner's suite

NCmom

We are considering splurging next year and getting an OS on the wind. I've read as many reviews as I can find. I have some fairly stupid questions:

I don't plan on spending time watching TV or DVDs, but my family would still like to know what sort of TV programming is available during the at sea days? Also, what are the DVDs like? Are they current? Are there kids DVDs? Is there a 2nd TV in the bedroom?

We're you able to order and eat in your room--not just the room service menu, but items from the menus?

The OS appear to be on the same deck as the pool. Is this correct? Do you hear alot of noise from outside?

The balconies appear to be fairly private. Are the views unobstructed? Does it get too windy to enjoy?

It sounds as though I plan to spend all my time in my room--that really isn't the plan. I'm just trying to decide if it is worth the money to get an OS. Thanks for any help.

The Wind Owner's Suite has a large TV with stereo and DVD player in the livingroom area. You are provided with a list of DVD's available, most of which are fairly current. As I recall there were a number of children's titles.

There is a smaller TV in the master bedroom, but it is not hooked up to the DVD.

The programing on the TV varies, from CNN to movies, sports and an informational channel that will list the day's activities aboard ship and show cruise videos.

The balcony is unobstructed (on all Owner's Suites) and has two chairs and a small table.

Butler service is available 24/7, as is room service. Your butler will greet you when you arrive with canape's and champagne, and provide you with snacks/hors'douvers twice daily. As well, the butler will make contact with you frequently. There are nice terry cloth robes and slippers to use.

When we sailed the Wind two years ago we were given 6 bottles of liquor from a list provided, and a bar setup is in the living room area. You can ask for ice and drink prep items from the butler.

You also have a consierge service, you can call the desk and get excursion tickets taken care of through them, or any other items that you might need, such as reservations to Le Bistro.

There is a LARGE walk-in closet area with a "murphy pull down bed" for a 5th person.

The suites are islolated from pool noise.

All in all it was a VERY nice cabin.

D Smith
Springfield, MO

We're excitingly counting the days before our 8/17/04 Dream Baltic cruise and we too splurged for the owner's suite (one advantage of only having cat children ... no educational expenses :-). If we may ask, what guidelines did you use when tipping your butler(s)?

Thanks,

Ed

Archived