Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

"OLD MAN WIGENS" went on board yesterday for three B2B cruises, 14 days total. Carnival in their infinate wisdom, :mad: put him in three different cabins for the three cruises.

This scares me a LOT. My parents are doing the 3 B2B cruises on the Splendor in 2009 (49 days total, I think) and I convinced them to book guarantee staterooms because it saved them around $800. My dad is going to flip his lid if they make him change rooms twice. I wonder if I should have them change their booking. Ack!

I don't know what people typically do if they book B2B, but I didn't have any faith that CCL would see to it that I remain in the same cabin for my upcoming cruises so I went ahead and picked on that would be open for both legs and left nothing to chance.

I don't know how other lines handle it, but I do know that the GTY is not for someone who is too particular about location and I, being the detail obsessed person I am, wouldn't gamble it.

Yes, from what we were told yesterday, Progresso will replace Costa Maya until they can go back to Costa Maya. Of course Carnival can change that at any time. I would plan on Progresso for now.

We were faced with this very issue when we sailed Elation. We had no problem at all getting the tour we wanted. They left a box on the Shore Excursions desk and you could just fill out a form and drop it in the box. We were able to do this while waiting for our cabin to be available and before a lot of people even realized that was what they had to do. I am assuming that Fantasy, like Elation, doesn't have the option to book on your cabin TV and that they would do something similar on Fantasy.

On my first Conquest cruise they were scrambling at the last minute to get everything arranged because we literally didn't know where we were going until the last minute. But they were able to get everything settled and it wasn't a huge deal at all.

I, of all people who worry excessively about the details of everthing, am least worried about being able to book without a lot of hassle for these upcoming cruises! Try not to be too worried about that. It is something they have done often enough over the last couple of years for sailings from the Gulf Coast so it should be okay.

BTW, Hi Brenda! Long time no see! LOL

I am assuming that Fantasy, like Elation, doesn't have the option to book on your cabin TV and that they would do something similar on Fantasy.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE FANTASY SHIP DOES NOT HAVE THE TV SITUATION THAT THE OTHER SHIPS DO :(

YOUR S& S ACCOUNT CAN NOT BE SEEN ON THE TV...

YOU WILL HAVE TO CHECK THE PURSER'S OFFICE ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT...

SO I AM ASSUMING WITH THE TOURS ... YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE TOUR DESK.

AT LEAST THIS WAS AS OF APRIL 2007.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

SORRY

Yes, I am alive and "well". :p Although some people might argue that point. We put on the lowest passenger count yesterday since last March. Only 2,204 close friends boarded the FANTASY yesterday. Some of our CC friends did "look" for me and found me. Darn, I was hoping to remain in the background. ;) The CCers are going to have a "get together" today. I sent my greeting to all of them.

"OLD MAN WIGENS" went on board yesterday for three B2B cruises, 14 days total. Carnival in their infinate wisdom, :mad: put him in three different cabins for the three cruises. For those who don't know him. He is in his 80's, travel alone and is in a wheel chair. I told him to check with the Purser's office to see IF they could change his cabin assignments. I will ask him on Thursday to see what happened. If you are sailing on the FANTASY Aug 30th or Sept 3rd, look for him and stop and talk to this man, he is a wonderful person and he knows his ships. He takes a cruise a month. I asked him how many cruises he has been on? His answer was, "too many to count." :D

We will be aboard the Sept. 3rd sailing (YAY for only a week to go!) and will keep a look out for "Old Man Wigens" and possibly yourself!

We are on the Sept. 3 sailing as well - do you know what the times are for the Progresso stop?

Also, it looks like we might dock in Cozumel - do you know if that is true and if so, which dock we will use?

Thanks,

Sherryl

We are on the Sept. 3 sailing as well - do you know what the times are for the Progresso stop?

Also, it looks like we might dock in Cozumel - do you know if that is true and if so, which dock we will use?

Thanks,

Sherryl

The Fantasy this week docked at the Punta Langosta pier on Aug 28th and will dock at the International pier on Sept 1st. The next schedule will not be published until Monday.

You probably will dock in Progreso at around 8 or 9am if I had to guess.

Dave

Thanks,

Sherryl

Progreso from 7 AM to 4 PM on Monday

Cozumel from 9 AM to 5 PM on Tuesday.

It's official!

Hello friends!

Our sailing is getting closer and I am getting more and more excited.

Talent show question: Can my 8 year old daughter and I do a duet for the talent show?

Capers: Anyone have recent caper or a link to view some capers including camp carnival for 3-5 and 6-8

Drinks for kids at dinner? What is available?

Which menus are used for the five day cruise?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but any help would be appreciated.

Gale

Hello friends!

Our sailing is getting closer and I am getting more and more excited.

Talent show question: Can my 8 year old daughter and I do a duet for the talent show?

Yes, you can.

Capers: Anyone have recent caper or a link to view some capers including camp carnival for 3-5 and 6-8

The ones I have are from way back in Oct. I would offer to get some for you but I am on the same cruise as you. :D

Drinks for kids at dinner? What is available?

Water, Tea, Milk. Soft drinks are available.

Which menus are used for the five day cruise?

?? The same as the four day with an extra day.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but any help would be appreciated.

Gale

Drop in on the rollcall as the folks there are getting chatty.

Dave

Maybe a stupid ? but I've never cruised before and we are leaving this weekend Sept.8th need to know what are the necessities I should pack. Hair dryer? ect...:)

Thanks for you help.

Karhi

There are some great packing lists on the site - do a search and you will find tons of ideas.

I try to pack as light as possible - shorts and a t shirt for each day, and a top and pants for each night. I wear the same pants twice since I only wear them for dinner, then change back into shorts.

Some cruise ships have dryers in the room, but they're pretty weak, so it's a good idea to bring your own. The showers have soap and shampoo, so all you need to bring is conditioner, unless you're really picky about the brand.

Some things I always bring along b/c it's inconvenient or expensive to buy on the ship:

aspirin, benadryl, and tums

ear plugs (in case of noisy neighbors, etc)

feminine products

a travel clock (my cell phone loses the time when it's out of range)

bandaids and neosporin

And, b/c I'm crazy, I also bring my own tempurpedic pillow and a white noise machine - I can't sleep without them!

We'll be on the same cruise you'll be on - so see you there!

Rowan555, thanks so much you have been so a huge help in my preparing. I will bring my own dryer and beings I have the children with me I will surely bring the others you mentioned. I can'nt wait:) Do you think they would have a problem if I brought a small desk fan for noise. We can not sleep without it???

Hopefully, we can find each other I look forward to having a blast. Do you think this hurricane will affect our cruise any? I've been watching the weather channel I don't know what the think anymore?

Oh one more question, formal dinner night are you and your husband dining with the children? I'm not sure if it was more of an adult thing or not. Is it really late in the night?

Karhi

Rowan555, thanks so much you have been so a huge help in my preparing. I will bring my own dryer and beings I have the children with me I will surely bring the others you mentioned. I can'nt wait:) Do you think they would have a problem if I brought a small desk fan for noise. We can not sleep without it???

Hopefully, we can find each other I look forward to having a blast. Do you think this hurricane will affect our cruise any? I've been watching the weather channel I don't know what the think anymore?

Oh one more question, formal dinner night are you and your husband dining with the children? I'm not sure if it was more of an adult thing or not. Is it really late in the night?

Karhi

Since your cruise sails on Saturday, your formal dinner will be on Sunday night. The time will be whenever you are normally scheduled to have dinner in one of the dining rooms, which will be on your Sail and Sign cards. Your dinner may be at the time you indicated as a preference at the time you booked the cruise. There will be a party prior to the dinner, with cocktails and such. Your children will be probably be with you. Formal night just means you are a bit more dressed up than the dress code normally requested in the dining rooms.

Have a great time on the Fantasy!

Archived