Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

So glad to have found this thread - thanks for all the helpful info!

We just booked a 5-day from New Orleans - leaving in Sept. I can't wait!! :)

This is our 2nd cruise on the Fantasy - we really enjoyed our first one. But this time we'll have a LOT more info to work with going in. Thanks to this board!

We will be in Cozumel next Saturday on the Fantasy. Will we dock or tender? Thanks.

As I posted earlier, we were on the same cruise. Since this was my first time cruising, I'd like to ask a veteran... Was the amount of ship movement normal during the the first part of the cruise? One couple said no. Some folks said yes. One of the photo staff told us that it was the third cruise in a row with rough seas.

As I posted earlier, we were on the same cruise. Since this was my first time cruising, I'd like to ask a veteran... Was the amount of ship movement normal during the the first part of the cruise? One couple said no. Some folks said yes. One of the photo staff told us that it was the third cruise in a row with rough seas.

Anytime you have cold fronts you will have rough seas as you transition from the warm area to the cold. Usually it is rough leaving Cozumel.

Dave

Anytime you have cold fronts you will have rough seas as you transition from the warm area to the cold. Usually it is rough leaving Cozumel.

I just thought it was funny. The captain warned us that the boat might move a bit as we navigated the river. But the river was nothing. We hit the gulf and started to sway with no warning. So, I was a little unsure of the whole cruise experience during our first sea day. It was funny though, I quickly got used to the swaying and sort of missed it once we were on land at Cozumel.

I just thought it was funny. The captain warned us that the boat might move a bit as we navigated the river. But the river was nothing. We hit the gulf and started to sway with no warning. So, I was a little unsure of the whole cruise experience during our first sea day. It was funny though, I quickly got used to the swaying and sort of missed it once we were on land at Cozumel.

When we got off the the Fantasy last month, I had sea legs for a good week afterwords. I thought it was an urban legend. After falling on my keister at home because I thought the house lurched, I now know better!

When we got off the the Fantasy last month, I had sea legs for a good week afterwords. I thought it was an urban legend. After falling on my keister at home because I thought the house lurched, I now know better!

It has taken me 15 cruises to get over not having the post-cruise motion. A way to calm it down is to keep taking the seasick pills for a couple of days afterwards.

Dave

We plan to drive into New Orleans the morning of our cruise. Is the port within walking distance of, say, the Riverwalk area if we get there too early?

Is there any place we can hang out for a couple of hours?

Thanks for your help, as always!

We plan to drive into New Orleans the morning of our cruise. Is the port within walking distance of, say, the Riverwalk area if we get there too early?

Is there any place we can hang out for a couple of hours?

Thanks for your help, as always!

The terminal is the next building north of the Riverwalk. You can turn your luggage in and then walk over there. Look for the stairs going up to the second level. You will then walk on the outside of the building on the river side. This is where the old terminal used to be. You will then come up on a door that will let you inside the Riverwalk.

Processing usually starts at around 10:30 to 10:45 with boarding sometime after 11am-12pm.

Dave

Thanks Jetskier! We were on the Fantasy in November but we were so focused on watching signs getting to the port, we didn't pay attention to what was around us! We will be sailing on her again this fall and spending some time in NOLA afterwards. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

We were on the Legend in July and on the last night they had a deck party. Will the Fantasy have anything like that? We leave on Saturday!

Usually it is on the night you leave Cozumel. (Margaritas $3.75 from 4pm-6pm) There is also a Mexican buffett that night by the pool, but you wont find anything resembling what you might find at Taco Bell. :D

Dave

Usually it is on the night you leave Cozumel. (Margaritas $3.75 from 4pm-6pm) There is also a Mexican buffett that night by the pool, but you wont find anything resembling what you might find at Taco Bell. :D

Dave

hey Dave since you are the Fantasy expert, i have 2 questions for you, Is Big Tex still the CD on this ship?

Also, I am sure this has been duscussed, but frankly I'm too lazy to look through all the pages....when is Fantasy scheduled to undergo the Evolution of Fun Pool Deck upgrades...etc.

Thanks in Advance

i was on the fantasy in november and big tex was still cd....annnnd im not sure but i thought the fantasy already went through the upgrade?? could be wrong though...

I don't believe Fantasy has undergone the EOF upgrades with regard to the restructure of the pool decks, kids water park and slides moved to the back of the ship..etc.

i was on the fantasy in november and big tex was still cd....annnnd im not sure but i thought the fantasy already went through the upgrade?? could be wrong though...

Fantasy has not undergone the EOF pool upgrades, addition of water parks for the kids, moving the slides etc.....

Anyone know when this is scheduled to happen.

The refurbishment is scheduled for September of 2008. The first sailing after drydock is Sept 20th.

As far as Big Tex, I am not sure as to his vacation schedule. Most of Carnival CD's and staff dont make themselves accessable like the ones on NCL. (my only complaint about Carnival :) )

When is the last time you ran into the Hotel Director on the Fantasy other than at the Captain's party? When I was on the NCL Sun and Spirit, I was running into them throughout the day. I even went scuba diving with the HD and the head chef on the NCL Spirit.

Dave

The refurbishment is scheduled for September of 2008. The first sailing after drydock is Sept 20th.

As far as Big Tex, I am not sure as to his vacation schedule. Most of Carnival CD's and staff dont make themselves accessable like the ones on NCL. (my only complaint about Carnival :) )

When is the last time you ran into the Hotel Director on the Fantasy other than at the Captain's party? When I was on the NCL Sun and Spirit, I was running into them throughout the day. I even went scuba diving with the HD and the head chef on the NCL Spirit.

Dave

I read on these boards about a new list of cd's for all the ships. i think it

said big tex was leaving the end of jan. and someone else was coming

When I was on the Fantasy last month, Big Tex told me that he and his wife were going to be on vacation in February. Some of the social hosts will be gone also.

I enjoyed big Tex very much as CD. He asked me if there was a meet and greet with the CC roll call for the 12/10/07 cruise and wanted to meet all of us!

Dave

This info with regard to the refurb is never easy to locate. Did you get that info from Carnival?

We are looking at the possibilty of booking Fantasy the first or second week of October, BUT, the only way I can get my wife back on that ship is after the Refurb and water "stuff" has been added.

Is there somewhere I can go to find this info to print out and show her.

Archived