Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

I noticed that there was a Conquest only thread .. I will be going on the Fantasy in the future and thought let's have one for the Fantasy for anyone that has any questions or comments ... Thus like with the Conquest all the info is in 1 thread and not spread out ...

I noticed that there was a Conquest only thread .. I will be going on the Fantasy in the future and thought let's have one for the Fantasy for anyone that has any questions or comments ... Thus like with the Conquest all the info is in 1 thread and not spread out ...

Great ship....lots of fun. Good food and good service. We were there in December and will be returning SOON!!!

So glad to see this thread! I was just about to search for reviews of the Fantasy, a bit after the fact, since we just booked her for Oct. We got an excellent price on a large suite, which is a splurge for us. But what the heck, I wanted to be cruising on my birthday from a port that was a doable drive for us, and Fantasy was the best deal. Besides, it's going to Cozumel, one of the ports we'll stop in on our Christmas cruise. After doing a bit of research on that port, we said it must be on our 'return' list.

As an aside, the TA who got us the great deal also was able to knock almost $300 off the price of that Christmas cruise, which we'd booked through a PVP at Carnival. Gotta love it!

Sandy and Becky

What is the one thing you like the most about the Fantasy ...

Where do you stay when you are in New Orleans ...

Easy to get around, not to big.

We usually stay at a Holiday Inn (either in Slidell or in the Quarter)

"Mr."

Thanks for the link to your review ... I have such a long time to go before I am on the Fantasy so I am hoping that I get lots of posts that tell me about the ship and the excursions and all of that stuff ...

Ok, my sister and I are looking to book a cat 11 cabin for us and her 2 teen age girls :) ...

What are your thoughts on this ... can it be done ...:confused:

My friend and I will be boarding the Fantasy for the first time in 19 days, and we have a cat. 11 suite booked. It has a queen bed and a sofa bed. It might be a little bit crowded, but it's doable! Just be aware that several of the cat. 11 suites have obstructed views. I didn't realize this until I read it here. I quickly changed cabins to one without an obstructed view, thanks to the heads up I read here! (Life boats are directly in front of some of the balconies!!) When you look at the cat. 11 cabins available, if it has the letters OB beside it, it's one with an obstructed view.

47 days until we board the Fantasy for our first cruise! Thanks to everyone for your great reviews and photos, we are soooo excited!!!

I felt a little queasy when we first booked it when I finally found room photos of the pink/purple/orange decor and the neon! But thanks to all of you I know that they have revamped the ship and the decor and am soo excited!!

my wife and I are going on the Fantasy on June 16...she has never cruised before so it seemed like a great ship for a first timer...we are from Louisiana so know New Orleans well and it quite easy to get to

Yes, there's a sushi bar. :)

We just got back from the Fantasy, and I loved it! The ship is decorated very nicely, the staff is extremely friendly, and there were lots of activities--not to mention that the itinerary is my two favorite ports! Yes, it's an older ship, and it doesn't have the extras of the new ships such as the Lido deck movie screen, fish & chips, mini-fridges, and couches. But I actually prefer the smaller ships, and I will definitely sail on the Fantasy again. In fact, I wish I could go back next week! ;)

Canner - you can't put 4 people into a cat. 11 - however I booked 4 people for a balcony guarantee....which is cheaper than an 11 - and guess what I got :D yep...Cat 12....my PVP kept trying to get me to connect the dots - "if you book a gty they have to give you at least an 11 - there is not a smaller balcony on the Fantasy ... if the 11 won't fit 4 people then you will get a balcony room that will" She would never come right out and say it - but it worked.

My friend and I will be boarding the Fantasy for the first time in 19 days, and we have a cat. 11 suite booked. It has a queen bed and a sofa bed. It might be a little bit crowded, but it's doable! Just be aware that several of the cat. 11 suites have obstructed views. I didn't realize this until I read it here. I quickly changed cabins to one without an obstructed view, thanks to the heads up I read here! (Life boats are directly in front of some of the balconies!!) When you look at the cat. 11 cabins available, if it has the letters OB beside it, it's one with an obstructed view.

Hi,

Do you have a sight that indicates which cabins might have the obstructed view?

Ok, I get it about the balcony but my parents are going to be having a cat 11 and we wanted to be next to them so this may be an issue ...

or can we both book balcony guarantee and still get next to each other ...

Canner - sorry I can't help you on the gty... the cat 11's are on the Verandah deck and the 12's are on the Upper deck....many floors away. The whole point of a gty is that you don't care were your put..that being said - I know the cat 11's book up very fast and I haven't sailed on a Fantasy class ship were they weren't sold out. The only other rooms on the Verandah deck are interiors. Could you book one of the girls in their room. That way you would have 3 to a room.

Hi,

Do you have a sight that indicates which cabins might have the obstructed view?

V23, V25, V27, V34, V38 & V42 are the cabins with the obstructed view. I did a search to find a thread about this, which had some good pics of it, but I couldn't find it.

V23, V25, V27, V34, V38 & V42 are the cabins with the obstructed view. I did a search to find a thread about this, which had some good pics of it, but I couldn't find it.

Oh, thank you GRITS53! That helps ALOT! BTW, what do you know about the suites on the Upper deck? Might their view be obstructed as well?

P.S. I've got an idea I might be able to be called GRITS54!

Oh, thank you GRITS53! That helps ALOT! BTW, what do you know about the suites on the Upper deck? Might their view be obstructed as well?

P.S. I've got an idea I might be able to be called GRITS54!

LOL at the GRITS54. (It stands for Girl Raised In The South.)

The cat. 11 suites are on the verandah deck. The cat. 12's are on the upper deck, which is like deck 2 or something. I never understood why they'd name a LOWER deck "Upper"! LOL! As far as I know, there are no obstructed balconies on the cat. 12's.

Archived