Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Hi Dave - were you charged $70 before for the Fantasy and then $84 for the Sun? That's weird.

We were just charged $70 for our 5-day on 2/10 and again on 2/24. Of course on 2/10, we didn't get to go anywhere when the cruise was cancelled but as we drove out of the garage, they handed us $70 back.

Hi Dave - were you charged $70 before for the Fantasy and then $84 for the Sun? That's weird.

We were charged $56 on Jan 18th as it was a 4-day cruise and then the $84 on Jan 23rd for the 5-day cruise. In Oct and Nov, I used New Orleans cruise ship parking. They only charge $60 for a 5-day cruise.

Dave

We were charged $56 on Jan 18th as it was a 4-day cruise and then the $84 on Jan 23rd for the 5-day cruise. In Oct and Nov, I used New Orleans cruise ship parking. They only charge $60 for a 5-day cruise.

Dave

I was on that Sun cruise with you and many other CCers. Shortly after we returned, I looked at my receipt and discovered that $84 charge for parking. I started a thread (on the NCL board) about it to see what we should have been charged, and I didn't get much help from people. Most couldn't seem to grasp that I was on a 5-night cruise and not a 7-night cruise. I got alot of math tips, which isn't what I was looking for, at all.

I know that I have thrown away my credit card receipt, but I could find the charge on-line. I'll go through the trouble, if you let us know that you got charged incorrectly, and they are offering a refund. I know it isn't a ton of money, but I'll still take the credit, if they are willing to give one.

Hi Martha,

Today is your lucky day. Here is the reply from Mr Jumonville:

David - Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have checked with

my parking sub-contractor and he has confirmed that some passengers on

that day were incorrectly charged $84 for the five day cruise. This was

an unusual cruise for NCL's NORWEGIAN SUN, which usually does seven day

cruises from New Orleans, and apparently our staff did not calculate

correctly. We apologize for the overcharge, and will refund your credit

card for the $14. In order to credit your account, we will need the

exact name on the credit card, the card number and the expiration date.

I assume the address on your e-mail is your correct mailing address.

Please rest assured that the Port of New Orleans is not in the business

of overcharging. Our rate for a four day cruise is $56, for a five day

cruise is $70 and for a seven day cruise is $98.

Thanks once again for bringing this overcharge to our attention.

Regards,

J. Robert Jumonville

Director, Cruise & Tourism

Port of New Orleans

JUMONVILLER@portno.com

Hi Martha,

Today is your lucky day. Here is the reply from Mr Jumonville:

David - Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have checked with

my parking sub-contractor and he has confirmed that some passengers on

that day were incorrectly charged $84 for the five day cruise. This was

an unusual cruise for NCL's NORWEGIAN SUN, which usually does seven day

cruises from New Orleans, and apparently our staff did not calculate

correctly. We apologize for the overcharge, and will refund your credit

card for the $14. In order to credit your account, we will need the

exact name on the credit card, the card number and the expiration date.

I assume the address on your e-mail is your correct mailing address.

Please rest assured that the Port of New Orleans is not in the business

of overcharging. Our rate for a four day cruise is $56, for a five day

cruise is $70 and for a seven day cruise is $98.

Thanks once again for bringing this overcharge to our attention.

Regards,

J. Robert Jumonville

Director, Cruise & Tourism

Port of New Orleans

JUMONVILLER@portno.com

great news! he seemed very nice about it too! :)

A few questions about the buffet:

1. What are the peak times (for breakfast and lunch)?

2. How bad are the buffet lines during peak times?

3. Will I have trouble finding a seat after I get my tray?

4. At about what time does the lines start to die down?

Thanks in advance!!! You all are very helpful!!! :)

A few questions about the buffet:

1. What are the peak times (for breakfast and lunch)?

It all depends, like if the ship is docking early, is all the drunks still sleeping it off after Cozumel, etc. Usually around 8am is the busiest for breakfast. Lunch is not too bad as there are so many choices.

2. How bad are the buffet lines during peak times?

They can be backed up 30-40 people deep. Remember that there are three areas for the breakfast buffet. For lunch, you have two buffet areas in the Windows of the Sea, you have both sides of the outside grill going, the pizzaria, and the cold sandwich.

3. Will I have trouble finding a seat after I get my tray?

I never had trouble finding a seat.

4. At about what time does the lines start to die down?

I am up early so I could not tell you when they start to die down.

Thanks in advance!!! You all are very helpful!!! :)

See above for answers. One of the sit down restaurants is open also.

Dave

I posted on Monday about the 50+ bottle of booze that were removed from the checked luggage. Later it was moved to it's own thread which is now closed since it was "hijacked" by a off topic discussion.

HERE IS THE UPDATE: All the bottles that were removed were hard liquor and were later "poured down the drain." Honest that is what my contact in Security said they did with it. I did not witness this so other than be told about I know nothing more. You can believe what you want.

Another Carnival "shoe" drops: First they removed the "F" deck. :mad: Second, Carnival started removing liquor from check luggage.:eek: NOW the THIRD ONE: they removed ALL smoking areas FOR CREW ONLY. :p This does NOT and I repeat does NOT change anything about the smoking rules for the passengers. CREW can no longer smoke in their cabins or crew bar. There are only three "on deck" areas that they are allowed to smoke. So it your waiter or cabin steward get a little "testie" with you -- they may need a smoke. REMEMBER that 99% of the crew come from countries that have a different view of smoking from what we Americans call acceptable.

I posted on Monday about the 50+ bottle of booze that were removed from the checked luggage. Later it was moved to it's own thread which is now closed since it was "hijacked" by a off topic discussion.

HERE IS THE UPDATE: All the bottles that were removed were hard liquor and were later "poured down the drain." Honest that is what my contact in Security said they did with it. I did not witness this so other than be told about I know nothing more. You can believe what you want.

Another Carnival "shoe" drops: First they removed the "F" deck. :mad: Second, Carnival started removing liquor from check luggage.:eek: NOW the THIRD ONE: they removed ALL smoking areas FOR CREW ONLY. :p This does NOT and I repeat does NOT change anything about the smoking rules for the passengers. CREW can no longer smoke in their cabins or crew bar. There are only three "on deck" areas that they are allowed to smoke. So it your waiter or cabin steward get a little "testie" with you -- they may need a smoke. REMEMBER that 99% of the crew come from countries that have a different view of smoking from what we Americans call acceptable.

Thanks for the update. A little more then 50 bottles just sounds like hit or miss.

Doesn't sound like they checked every bag. I guess we still have to wait and see the next couple weeks to find out if it was just a isolated event on the Fantasy.

Sorry about the crew members:(

NOW the THIRD ONE: they removed ALL smoking areas FOR CREW ONLY. :p This does NOT and I repeat does NOT change anything about the smoking rules for the passengers. CREW can no longer smoke in their cabins or crew bar. There are only three "on deck" areas that they are allowed to smoke. So it your waiter or cabin steward get a little "testie" with you -- they may need a smoke. REMEMBER that 99% of the crew come from countries that have a different view of smoking from what we Americans call acceptable.

Rob...I am shocked. Surely they are going to still allow them to smoke in their cabins. There is no way they can expect people who are addicted to go from port to port (especially when there are 2 sea days in a row).

The crew can only smoke in three areas ON DECK, which are for crew ONLY and not passenger areas. Deck 7 forward of the Crew Bar, Deck 8 forward of the main lounge and Deck 8 AFT of the dining room and where the Crew GUEST cabins are located. These areas are OFF LIMITS to ALL passengers.

May I bring several bottles of water in my carry on bag without having them taken away? Also, is there a hairdryer in the room? I've heard yes and no. If yes, is it one of those kind that you have to hold down the button to keep it on? Thank yall for answering questions that, no doubt, have been asked a thousand times before:p

p.s. Are there coffee makers in the room? Do Fantasy cabin safes open with a keypad or magnetic strip card? Thank you all!:)

Travelight - there are most definately NOT hairdryers in the cabins on the Fantasy. You'll need to take one along.

No coffeemakers either. They pull electical current like an iron so nope.

I found that out the hard way when I tried to make coffee in my SUV after Hurricane Katrina and blew all the fuses in my car in about a second. Once I read the wattage a coffee pot pulls on my generator's guide, it all became very clear. LOL :eek:

Safes - have a touchpad - no magnetic strip needed. Just program your 4 digit code.

Thank you, LRene, for the info. I'm "chomping at the bit" to go, but I still have 46 days to wait. It could be a disaster to get on board and not have a hairdryer to use in the Carribbean. :eek: I'll just invest in a little travel hairdryer to take.

I have never seen the safes with a touch pad, do you know if all cabins are like this?

What about the cabin key is it your S & S or do you have a seperate one?

It's a separate key.

It's my understanding that all the cabins on the Fantasy now have the touch pad safes. Ours definitely did.

We just got back on the Fantasy on Saturday. We had a great cruise! :D I'm still feeling the motion for some reason. I think it was a little rougher seas than we have ever had but didn't bother us on the ship.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

We just got back on the Fantasy on Saturday. We had a great cruise! :D I'm still feeling the motion for some reason. I think it was a little rougher seas than we have ever had but didn't bother us on the ship.

Same here! I felt the motion for at least 3 days after I got home. It didn't really bother me, though; it was kind of like bringing the cruise home with me for a bit. ;)

Does anyone know of any secret doors or passages on the Fantasy? Much have been made of them in other threads. Would love to open a few doors but don't want to waste any cruise time just stumbling around.

Thanks,

Bill

Cruise minus 12 days

will either of you just back be posting a review?

I'm sorry; I was posting in a hurry and was unclear. My "Same here" referred to feeling the ship's motion for a longer-than-usual time, not to just returning. We were there last month, though, and had a great cruise! I didn't post a review right away, and I'm afraid that by now I've forgotten too many of those little details that make reviews useful.

Does anyone know of any secret doors or passages on the Fantasy? Much have been made of them in other threads. Would love to open a few doors but don't want to waste any cruise time just stumbling around.

Thanks,

Bill

Cruise minus 12 days

Go out the back doors of the Forums and you will have the deck usually to yourself.

Dave

With all of people falling overboard recently and the fact we are taking kids,

what is the railing height on the side of the ship?

Windows by the Sea has a nice eating area outside with tables.

I would like to sit outside especially traveling down the Mississippi, BUT now I am feeling a freaked knowing my kids will be like

pin balls in a pin ball machine and the railing right beside us.

Also does anyone know how wide the gap is between the cables making up the railing?

Archived