Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Yesterday, "Old man Wiggens" sailed on the FANTASY again. When asked how many cruises he has been on, he replied " I don't know, I stopped counting after 50." He will sail again on the the 24th of May. For those of you sailing on that day, stop by and say "hello" he is great person to talk to about ALL the different ships and cruise lines. He sails at least once a month.

Yesterday, Security took him down to the luggage area before they would allow him onboard. Turns out that he had "something" in the luggage. NO BOOZE, but can you image a 95 year old man in a wheel chair, traveling alone would be a "threat" to the ship or other passengers? :eek:

There is "story" for every sailing out of New Orleans.

Yesterday, "Old man Wiggens" sailed on the FANTASY again. When asked how many cruises he has been on, he replied " I don't know, I stopped counting after 50." He will sail again on the the 24th of May. For those of you sailing on that day, stop by and say "hello" he is great person to talk to about ALL the different ships and cruise lines. He sails at least once a month.

Yesterday, Security took him down to the luggage area before they would allow him onboard. Turns out that he had "something" in the luggage. NO BOOZE, but can you image a 95 year old man in a wheel chair, traveling alone would be a "threat" to the ship or other passengers? :eek:

There is "story" for every sailing out of New Orleans.

Hi Robert,

My wife Kimberly is sailing on the Fantasy April 21st. It will be her 10th Carnival cruise so she and her mother will be coming to see you at the VIP desk.

Dave

In response to an earlier post, I have been on both the Holiday and the Fantasy. The main difference is the Fantasy, IMO, is cleaner and less confining than the Holiday. The Holiday was harder to navigate. Also, the aft dining room on the Holiday had a vibration problem. It was so bad that my drink was knocked over the first night so I switched to the other dining room and fixed that problem! I felt the rooms were a little larger on the Holiday. However, the walls are PAPER THIN on the Holiday. To make matters worse, we had a crying baby next door and it was NOT a pleasant experience.

Old Man Wiggins was on our January sailing! He sat with us for breakfast on debarkation morning. It was really great to hear some of his stories from his military days and his cruising adventures! If he is ever on one of your sailings, make sure you stop and have a chit chat with him! Well worth it!

I love the Fantasy so much I will be on her for the 3rd time in October (Unless I can squeeze another in before then!! Keeping my fingers crossed! :D ) If any of you have questions about the Rhapsody, Holiday or Fantasy (and soon to be the Glory! yay!), I am more than willing to answer them!

Happy cruising!

Hi Robert,

My wife Kimberly is sailing on the Fantasy April 21st. It will be her 10th Carnival cruise so she and her mother will be coming to see you at the VIP desk.

Dave

WHAT! Your wife's name is MICHELLE! How many wives do you have? j/k LOL :eek: :eek:

Just off the Fantasy again yesterday. It was a pretty good trip but with high seas on the last day when we hit the cold front in the gulf. I even got a little seasick and I've never been sick in 13 cruises. It "may" have had something to do with getting stuck in an elevator for 20 minutes with a 5 yr. old who was scared to death! Gets hot in those things pretty quickly! :eek:

Omur is filling in for the maitre'd on vacation in the Jubilee dining room and he's great. We've sailed with him before...Liberty I think. You'll know him by his signature "HELLOOOOOOOOOO" over the loud speaker.

Margaritaville IS open in Cozumel but it's a little distance from Punta Langosta where we docked. It's between the Intl. Pier and the city center. We went to Playa Mia and DO NOT recommend that for anyone. Live and learn I guess but there are a lot better places to go on that island!

LHP - I have to agree with you on the beef entrees. The filet was good on the first night but the others weren't the best. It gave me a chance to try some things I rarely eat so it all worked out.

Our friends were in a Cat.12 suite and said they stood on their balcony while in port and saw cases of beer and bottles of liquor being taken out of checked baggage and put in a dumpster. I didn't see it myself but our friends were worried about their Vodka which made it just fine. Rob - can you confirm that?

Nothing much new since we were on a little over a month ago. We'll be sailing on her again in May! Pack and unpack.....pack and unpack. LOL

Hey Lezlee, Dave, Robert & anybody else in the area. We are having our 3rd Annual Nola CC get together June 8-10 this year. If anybody is cruising that weekend or lives in the area.........come join us for a weekend of good people, fun food & drinks.

Hey Lezlee, Dave, Robert & anybody else in the area. We are having our 3rd Annual Nola CC get together June 8-10 this year. If anybody is cruising that weekend or lives in the area.........come join us for a weekend of good people, fun food & drinks.

Hey Brenda! I'll put those dates in my calendar. Didn't make it last year and wanted to. I can't remember what happened that caused us to miss it.

It would be great to see you again and meet some of the other revelers in NOLA. I'll email you for more info.

Sorry but for these two FANTASY sailing I will NOT be in the VIP Loungs in New Orleans. On the 21st I will be my own Platinum VIP passenger boarding the QE2 in Southampton UK for a transatlantic sailing.:)

As to the booze and beer being throwen in the dumpster -- I can not confirm this as I did not see it. Securty does assure me that all confiscated stuff is destroyed.:eek:

WHAT! Your wife's name is MICHELLE! How many wives do you have? j/k LOL :eek: :eek:

As many as it takes.:eek::cool: Actually her name is Kimberly Michelle. Since Michelle would not be listed on the S&S card, I had to let Robert know her first name. I am so depressed that I am not going.:(

Dave

Sorry but for these two FANTASY sailing I will NOT be in the VIP Loungs in New Orleans. On the 21st I will be my own Platinum VIP passenger boarding the QE2 in Southampton UK for a transatlantic sailing.:)

Robert

Have a safe flight and a good trip.

Dave

A quick question for those who have sailed the Fantasy recently. My friend just returned last Thursday and said that the ship rocked and rolled the entire time. She said she wouldn't go back on it. I've sailed the Sensation and felt rolling but didn't bother me too much (i take meclazine daily). Does the Fantasy have a problem with excess motion or lack of stabalizers? I told her it may have been the weather or the excessive amount of college kids on her cruise. :-)

A quick question for those who have sailed the Fantasy recently. My friend just returned last Thursday and said that the ship rocked and rolled the entire time. She said she wouldn't go back on it. I've sailed the Sensation and felt rolling but didn't bother me too much (i take meclazine daily). Does the Fantasy have a problem with excess motion or lack of stabalizers? I told her it may have been the weather or the excessive amount of college kids on her cruise. :-)

The ship is no better or worse than any others. It all depends on the weather & the ride down the Mississippi River is always an adventure.:D

Your friend had a massive cold front to come through. It is always rougher coming into a front. The seastate gets very rough. Any ship will rock and roll if the seas get heavy enough. Remember the ship is FLOATING on the surface. If the surface is moving, so will the ship.

Dave

Oh I've had my share of rockin and rolling through a cold front. I just wanted to make sure that the Fantasy wasn't known for having more movement than others or having stabalizer problems. I remember back when the Celebration was known for a terrible vibration problem. It may still be but I'm not planning a cruise on her. :-)

And I love the ride down the river.

Thanks.

Oh I've had my share of rockin and rolling through a cold front. I just wanted to make sure that the Fantasy wasn't known for having more movement than others or having stabalizer problems. I remember back when the Celebration was known for a terrible vibration problem. It may still be but I'm not planning a cruise on her. :-)

And I love the ride down the river.

Thanks.

The Fantasy moves no more than normal. Sometimes some people are more sensitive to motion than others.

Dave

First time cruiser here with a "smuggling" question. Ok, I know this has been asked a thousand times, but I want to know from recent cruisers of the Fantasy! What is the likelyhood of me smuggling a pint of liquor in my luggage? I've read so many things here about this but would like to know from a recent cruiser!! I don't drink much but don't want to pay much either. I've heard from friends who recently went on a Fantasy cruise (they just returned last week) and they were able to bring on a fifth of Crown Royal with no problems in their checked bags. I've even asked my Carnival PVP and he also told me there are ways to get around it. Any feedback will be of great help!!!!

I thought the Holiday and Fantasy cabins were the same size. I checked and Carnival shows the Holiday cabins as 185 sq ft. and the Fantasy cabins as 186 sq ft.

Unless we are talking about suites, the cabins are basically the same size on both ships. (I've been on the Holiday and Inspiration and Elation and from memoy thought they were the same size. So the posts that the Holiday cabins were bigger confused me.)

Kathy

My DD, DGDs and I are cruising on the Fantasy in June and we have Cabin E299. Looking at the deck plans there is a 299 on each deck but the number 299 is completely out of order with the other numbers. No numbers even go up this high. Does anyone know anything about this cabin.

My DD, DGDs and I are cruising on the Fantasy in June and we have Cabin E299. Looking at the deck plans there is a 299 on each deck but the number 299 is completely out of order with the other numbers. No numbers even go up this high. Does anyone know anything about this cabin.

E means it is on Empress deck & looks like it has 2 upper beds. How many are staying in your cabin? Looks like it could possibly sleep 4 people. 2 regular beds & 2 upper beds that can be pulled down.

My PVP said it was a newer cabin. My DD and 2 DGDs are cruising along with me so there is 4 of us and I can see that there are 2 upper bunks. However, I heard that it was a physically challenged cabin. It's just interesting since it does not fit in the numerical order and considering what my PVP said. Anyone have firsthand knowledge.

Paddycake,

How far forward?

Last cruise in Feb we were forward right by the front elevators on the NCL Sun. We were fine. But the waters weren't rough.

We generally will take aft to forward - on any ship - not just Fantasy class ships. Seems to us there's more motion forward than aft if the seas are rough, though some ships have vibration aft.

Just curious how far forward you are. I'd say if you are by the forward elevator it should be ok. I don't think I'd want to be in the nose of any ship.

Kathy

Archived