Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Just curious how far forward you are. I'd say if you are by the forward elevator it should be ok. I don't think I'd want to be in the nose of any ship.

Kathy

Kathy,

When you get a chance, pop over to the Nov 3rd rollcall. Your input is needed on a couple of items, ie, if you are going to the informal M&G, formal M&G, want a reminder, if you want a t-shirt, color, type, and if everyone wants to wear a ribbon on the first day.

Dave

Hi all! We just returned from the Fantasy so I can answer some questions. I also plan on scanning in some capers later today and posting some pics. We had a category 12, but on Wednesday they had to do some work on the balcony so moved us to one of the owner's suites!! So I have pictures of both. The cabin was great for the most part (not used very often so needs a little work). We were traveling with our 2 children so we loved the separate bedroom and also the dining room table. This suite overlooks the lIdo deck and is wonderful for people watching! It did get very loud during the deck party on Thursday night, but it quieted down around 1am. The balcony was not as private as the one on the upper deck.

For the person who asked about tea time, it was 3:00 Friday in Cleopatra's. Not sure about the times on any other days. I wanted to attend, but was busy with the kids.

We went to Margaritaville in Cozumel and I will be posting pics. They did not have a pool at all but you can get a table right over the water. We went very early, so it was not very busy at all yet. Also about a block away is an internet cafe where you can get 30 minutes online for $1.00. We did buy an internet package on the ship, but also used this one since we could not pass it up. It was great for quickly checking email and also keeping up with a few news stories (mainly the VT massacre).

I can't think of anything else right away so feel free to ask questions. I will be posting a full review later on and will link in the photos and capers!

Earthgirl, was your a 4 or 5 day? Also, what dining time did you have? Did you like it? What were the ages of your kids and did your kids enjoy camp carnival?

It was a 5 day. We had the 8pm dining in the Jubilee dining room. I liked the time, but I would have preferred the Celebration dining room. However, I had a wonderful wait staff so really can't complain. My kids are 2 and 6 and they loved Camp Carnival (so did my husband and I!). My son asked the camp staff if he could stay with the 2-5 year old group and they let him (he is a little behind his peers anyway). I know they don't always allow this and we were set for him to be in the 6-8 group, but it was his request (we didn't know til we picked them up). I do have the camp capers for both age groups. An important thing to remember about dining times if you have young kids is that if you have the late seating and want to see the after dinner shows kid free, you will always end up paying the after 10pm babysitting fee. It works for my husband and I, but it's definitely something you may want to think about. I will be posting the camp capers, so you can see what times camp is closed for dinner prep and what times they feed the children. I'd look at this to determine what dinner times work for you based on whether or not your kids will be eating with you (ours didn't except the first night when the camp is closed) and what their ages are. Let me know if you have any more questions!!

Anxiously awaiting capers. Also Camp Carnival Capers. When is past guest reception. Did you happen to photo the menus. Thanks in advance for any info.

Linda

Past guest is only on the five day sailings usually on the day you leave Cozumel.

Dave

Anxiously awaiting capers. Also Camp Carnival Capers. When is past guest reception. Did you happen to photo the menus. Thanks in advance for any info.

Linda

Actually our past guest party was on Friday at 5pm. I remember because we missed it due to some Camp Carnival activities going on. Not sure if it is the same on all sailings. Sorry, I did not take pics of the menus.

Dustymoss,

When are you cruising? I too would like to hear from recent cruiser, but no

one seems to be answering us. If I have any info I will post it here.

HI nowendy! I am cruising on September 17th- 22nd! I hope someone reads our posts soon!!!

Earthgirl your pics are awesome. My question is regarding the "smuggling" were you able to bring drinks on board via your luggage? Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic. I don't drink much but also don't want to pay a fortune to drink. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

...It "may" have had something to do with getting stuck in an elevator for 20 minutes with a 5 yr. old who was scared to death! Gets hot in there.....

getting stuck in an elevator for 20 minutes -- NO, not good! :eek: Gets hot in there -- YES, it does!

sure hope they fixed that problem :p

Earthgirl your pics are awesome. My question is regarding the "smuggling" were you able to bring drinks on board via your luggage? Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic. I don't drink much but also don't want to pay a fortune to drink. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry wish I could help but we don't ever smuggle so I'm not sure how the changes are affecting this.

Dusty- as far as the soft drinks and water go, you can now bring small amounts with you. Carnival changed the policy again over ther weekend after lots of customer feedback, so the ban on water and soft drinks has been lifted.

Were flat screen T.V.'s added to Fantasy like they were on Ecstasy?

If you are talking about the public areas, yes, there are several flat screen TV's around the Majestic Bar.

If you are talking about in cabins, the cabins on the Verndah deck have flat screens and DVD players. The lower level cabins still have the older TV's.

I am a little confused about the dining rooms. Which is in the front and which is in the back and what times go with each Dining Room? Thanks!

The aft (back) dining room is the Jubilee and seats at 5:45 and 8:00. The mid-ship dining room is the Celebration and seats at 6:15 and 8:30.

The aft (back) dining room is the Jubilee and seats at 5:45 and 8:00. The mid-ship dining room is the Celebration and seats at 6:15 and 8:30.

Thanks so much for you response. Our PVP put us down for 5:45 amd we are at the very front of the boat so I guess he should have put 6:15 from our other experiences it is hard to tell how the times are picked anyways. Sometimes we get the times we chose and other times we do not,

Thanks again.

Hi...

I've just booked V14 for the 9/27/07 sailing. Does anyone have pics of the balcony or the "walkway" nearby/in front I've read about here? Deck plans don't show anything like that, nor can I find any photos that show a walkway...! :confused:

Any info would be appreciated!

Paul

Does anyone know if 11:10am flight leaving NOLA is too early. We will be cruising 11/3/07 on the 5 day. And i scheduled our flight home at 11:10am?

Could be iffy if the ship or debarkation is delayed for any reason. You do realize that it's about 30-45 minutes by cab to the airport. I would have a backup plan just in case. Check airline schedules & make sure there are additonal flights going to your destination that day. Never hurts to be prepared.

Hi Everyone,

Well we just got back from a little 4 nt on the Fanasty. I surprized my husband and booked the cruise and picked him up from work on Thursday and said lets go. We got dropped off at the terminal @ 12:10. No line for drop off lane, the lane for the garage was about 15 cars long. Porter was waiting for us for luggage, gave it to him and we were on our way. Right inside the terminal was a lady checking your tickets before you went up the escalators. Upstairs no line again until you got into the line where you actually get your s&s and keys. We waited maybe 5 minutes and got our agent. We were on the Lido deck and eating by 1 P.M. Not bad at all.

I had booked an inside and we got r16 which is a porthole on the Riviera deck. I was happy and sad at the same time. Our dinner was in the back dining room so every night we had to walk from the very front of the ship to the back , but i guess the exercise was good for us.

This was our 8th cruise and I have never seen the water so calm. It looked like glass. We had a very smooth sailing.

We only went to the magic show and it was ok. I was disappointed that it was only like maybe 1/2 hour or so. We really just went to rest and relax and that's what we did. Eat and sleep.

If you go on the Fanasty make sure you go out the back of the Lido deck. They have tables and chairs back there and it is a nice place to kick back and relax. They also had a few tables and chairs on the side deck also.

Oh for all you smugglers out there........Not a problem at all. I had 2 water bottles in my carryon and they didn't even ask if it was water or not (which it was) In my checked luggage I had 2 12pks of beer and a box of wine. Eveything made it to my room and the room steward gladly iced my ice chest each night.

I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Archived