Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Galley is the nautical term for kitchen. It is in the middle so that it can serve both dining rooms.

The secret deck is really a part of the deck. It is on deck 8 at the very rear of the ship and it is on the deck plans on Carnival's site. Very few people go to this part. You can get there by going through the Forum on Deck 9 and out the doors. Once outside, there is a set of stairs to the right which will take you down to it. You can also get to it by exiting out of the Jubilee dining room on Deck 8.

Dave

thanks so much dave for your answer. i have read many of your posts and can tell that u know a lot about the fantasy!

my next question- since my stateroom is right below the kitchen will there be a lot of noise in my room? i doubt this will be a problem since i dont plan on being in my room much but just would like to know how much disturbance the galley would be to somoene below it. Thanks for all your help!

thanks so much dave for your answer. i have read many of your posts and can tell that u know a lot about the fantasy!

my next question- since my stateroom is right below the kitchen will there be a lot of noise in my room? i doubt this will be a problem since i dont plan on being in my room much but just would like to know how much disturbance the galley would be to somoene below it. Thanks for all your help!

Luckily most of the early morning cooking is done at the buffet on the Lido as not everyone goes to the restaurant for a sitdown breakfast. I have not heard of anyone complaining about the noises coming from the galley.

Dave

Has anyone or is anyone doing a B2B cruise on the Fantasy? I am worried about having to disembark between cruises. My TA and Carnival said we can just stay on board. I have read a few posts that say otherwise. I called Carnival again and the agent I talked to today said we have to diembark! Help!!:confused:

Has anyone or is anyone doing a B2B cruise on the Fantasy? I am worried about having to disembark between cruises. My TA and Carnival said we can just stay on board. I have read a few posts that say otherwise. I called Carnival again and the agent I talked to today said we have to diembark! Help!!:confused:

I have never done it, so this is second hand...but those who have done it said that if you are keeping the same cabin (apparently there are people who do B2B and their cabin was not available ~already booked ~ for the second leg of the cruise)...IF you have the same cabin ...then you leave all your stuff in the room and you simply walk off the ship....get a new card...get back on the ship. But all your stuff stays there.

I have never done it, so this is second hand...but those who have done it said that if you are keeping the same cabin (apparently there are people who do B2B and their cabin was not available ~already booked ~ for the second leg of the cruise)...IF you have the same cabin ...then you leave all your stuff in the room and you simply walk off the ship....get a new card...get back on the ship. But all your stuff stays there.

Ok thanks......I really hate the thought of getting off then back on........I hope they make it fast and easy.

Thanks jetskier and bonniemari! Two more for anyone: I got a nightlight to put in the bathroom. Is it one of those bathrooms where the plug only works if the light switch is on? If so, then I guess my nightlight won't work. Other suggestions for a nightlight? Also, If I bring Diet Dr. Pepper (one twelve pack) - should I bring a collapsable cooler to use? I've read about some who get them on rollers and they can come in handy for other things, too. Thanks in advance!

Thanks jetskier and bonniemari! Two more for anyone: I got a nightlight to put in the bathroom. Is it one of those bathrooms where the plug only works if the light switch is on? If so, then I guess my nightlight won't work. Other suggestions for a nightlight? Also, If I bring Diet Dr. Pepper (one twelve pack) - should I bring a collapsable cooler to use? I've read about some who get them on rollers and they can come in handy for other things, too. Thanks in advance!

The plug is not tied to the light switch. We just normally turn on the bathroom light and shut the door. There is enough of a glow to see it. As far as the drinks, you will have a ice bucket in the room plus glasses. You could bring the cooler if you are not short on room in your bags. I would bring a garbage bag to line it with as I have seen several which leaked.

Dave

The plug is not tied to the light switch. We just normally turn on the bathroom light and shut the door. There is enough of a glow to see it. As far as the drinks, you will have a ice bucket in the room plus glasses. You could bring the cooler if you are not short on room in your bags. I would bring a garbage bag to line it with as I have seen several which leaked.

Dave

We are taking our 2nd cruise, this time in the Fantasy. Last year, when we were on the Ecstasy, we were actually leaving the dock when we were still in muster drill.... my question - do you have enough time to bring life vest back to the room or do they do drill a little earlier....wondering if there is a difference....I hope to be onboard, crusin down the Mighty Mississippi (with a drink of the day of course!), but I would love to see some of the sights....we were in NO end of May & did the steamboat tour which only traveled about 45min downstream. Thanks..... & thanks to whomever posted the recent Capers!

We are taking our 2nd cruise, this time in the Fantasy. Last year, when we were on the Ecstasy, we were actually leaving the dock when we were still in muster drill.... my question - do you have enough time to bring life vest back to the room or do they do drill a little earlier....wondering if there is a difference....I hope to be onboard, crusin down the Mighty Mississippi (with a drink of the day of course!), but I would love to see some of the sights....we were in NO end of May & did the steamboat tour which only traveled about 45min downstream. Thanks..... & thanks to whomever posted the recent Capers!

On both our Fantasy cruises last year the ship pulled out and began to turn around just after the drill. We RAN to our cabins to return our life jackets, then ran back up to the front of the ship. It had already turned around, but it hadn't gotten far at all. We made it up in time to see the ship pass the aquarium, cathedral, etc.

Juls65

I think we made contact on another thread. We are also doing the B2B and we had the exact same concerns. We do have the same cabin and what was already said is what was told to us. We do not need to pack our stuff, but we do have to get off and get a new Sail card for the next Cruise. I was told, (but this isn't a fact) that Carnival might let you off and then right back on and you don't have to stand in line or wait for them to start processing other passengers. We thought we would have to get off by 10:00, and they usually don't start letting people on till 11:30 or so. That means about an hour and a half of standing around. We were told to see the bursar and they might be able to expediate the matter.

Hope to see you on board. We are from NY, and as you can see by my handle, I am a big Giants fan. I never go anywhere without my giants cap, so when you see someone wearing a Giants baseball cap, It' me. We are both young seniors and are traveling alone.

It is hit and miss. Some sailings we had time to go put stuff up and others we had to run.

Dave

While reading one of the new reviews posted, I saw that the reviewer brought a fan onboard to put in his room. I searched the thread and didn't see this anywhere.

My question is, is there an issue with the air conditioning in the rooms? Are the rooms stuffy? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Thanks in advance.

:) I was on that same cruise and our cabin was very cold we had to keep turning the fan down. I'd say as soon as you get to your room figure out how to work the air if there is a problem call for service. We have never had a problem with the rooms being stuffy, My husband likes it very cold and I like semi cool- I've learned to ask for a extra blanket. You don't need a fan. Karon:) w

While reading one of the new reviews posted, I saw that the reviewer brought a fan onboard to put in his room. I searched the thread and didn't see this anywhere.

My question is, is there an issue with the air conditioning in the rooms? Are the rooms stuffy? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Thanks in advance.

We had read on one of the cc tips to bring a fan. We have a Stanley ventilation fan from walmart it is nicely compact, puts out a good amount of air, and is quiet compared to most. It was small enough to fit over the handle of our smallest roll on / carry on suitcase. When we got to our room on main deck we noticed it was a little warm as was our children's room. We thought maybe this was because we were still in port and decided to give it a chance to cool off. After sail away when we went back to our rooms we noticed the condition had not improved so we asked our room steward if perhaps we were not operating the vent properly. He told us he had had the same complaint from several other rooms and that he would call maintenance. When maintenance got there he removed the vent cover put it under the bed and said the air problem was because it was an OLD SHIP ... no joke .. his exact words. He did say that he liked our fan and thought it was a good idea. Personally I am very glad we took it. I am used to having ceiling fans going at home and like to be able to FEEL the air move. We will definately take it with us on our next cruise .. if we end up NOT needing it than great ... but I'd much rather be comfortable than sorry. Dana

We always freeze when we are on the ships. But then again 78 degrees is comfortable for us. The A/C's on the ship is not really what you would think of at home. You are basically controlling air flow into the room from the vent.

Dave

We always freeze when we are on the ships. But then again 78 degrees is comfortable for us. The A/C's on the ship is not really what you would think of at home. You are basically controlling air flow into the room from the vent.

Dave

Thanks. I don't mind being too cold, but I would mind if it were warm in the room. Looks like more people think it's cool in the rooms rather than warm.

Ok..time for some MORE speculation!

Someone mentioned earlier that the dry dock next September was to upgrade the cabins...but according to Carnival.com, those renovations have been completed...along with most of the public spaces.

Could it be? Could it be that they are working on the resort style pools and new carnival waterworks area? HOW EXCITING!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=605029

For those of you that are regulars (Jetskier)...what remains to be renovated?

My PVP told me they're replacing all the cabins AND adding the new pool/slide areas. I'll email him to confirm. Most of the public areas HAVE recently been re-done, but the cabins were not as of our cruise last December.

Like Rowan555, I was under the impression that it was only the public areas and any cabins that was in bad shape that got done last time. The mini-golf was also installed last drydock.

Dave

My PVP said they are installing all new staterooms and two of the things he mentioned as upgrades are flat screen televisions and marble vanities in the bathrooms. Those were definitely not present during our Fantasy cruise in December.

Archived