Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Those pictures of the Fantasy are beautiful, I didn't even think they were photos of the ship, it looks so different than the other fantasy class I have been. The windows is what gave it away, I can't wait, I was worried because of her age that it wouldn't look that good, the promenade is beautiful!!!:) :) :)

An extra on sail away......... go straight to the end of hallway and walk out the doors, you'll have one of the best views for takeoff, you'll also be close because you will have just finished muster drill and will need to take back the lifevests.

We had V14, what's yours?

We are in V11. When you say go straight to the end of the hallway, are you talking about toward the bow?

Also, can someone tell me about VIP check in? Does booking a suite entitle us to this? What other "goodies" come along with suite booking?

Thanks again!

I am embarrased I don't know which is the bow:confused: you will go to the front of the ship, go out of your cabin and turn right not far at all and you will be there. You should get there before everyone else because most go back and drop off their lifevests.

We usually travel with others who do not get the VIP check-on so I cannot comment on that, but it is something that is available to you.

No other perks that I can think of, you're paying for anything else you will be getting! I have had suites and I have not, you get the same treatment from everyone. Once you sign in only your room steward knows what cabin you are in. I think that the room steward may not have as many cabins to take card of, not 100% sure of that. Last years steward probably did a better job than any we have had and we were just in a regular OV cabin.

With VIP check in.....

When you get to the cruise terminal in NO, you tell the person at the door that you are looking for the VIP check in, it is in the back, past the lines, it is like a little "lounge" area and they will have your check in info there. You get priority boarding and do not have to stand in the lines that everyone else does.;)

what night is formal night on the 5 day Fantasy cruise out of NO?

What hotels do you stay at in NO with kids?

Has anyone parked at a hotel and cabbed it to the NO port? If so which hotel?:D:)

The second night is formal night.

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside, but we didn't have kids with us. I got it through priceline doing the name your own price thing for $55. We loved it because we could walk to the French Quarter (there is also a trolley that will take you there, but we never figured out the trolley schedule, so we just walked). And it's also right by the cruise terminal, so it was really convenient on embarkation day. We flew in, so we didn't have to park anywhere.

On the days when the Fantasy is one of 7 ships at Cozumel, does she dock or tender? I noticed on cruisecal that the Fantasy is the first ship to arrive that day, so I'm going to assume that we will get to dock. I hope so! Also, if we dock, which pier do we use?

Hello, everyone! I will be staying on the fantasy this fall and I have rooms E94 and E96. Are those okay? I do not want to be too close to the elevators. I had a horrible experience with rom R49 years ago on this ship. Also, has anyone here visited Mr. Sanchos beach? Is it very good? We are looking forward to our cruise very much! I picked the 8:30 dining time and hope that we get it. We are going with our 5 year old and 11 year old. We have a tendency to snack throughout the day, so this would be perfect!

On the days when the Fantasy is one of 7 ships at Cozumel, does she dock or tender? I noticed on cruisecal that the Fantasy is the first ship to arrive that day, so I'm going to assume that we will get to dock. I hope so! Also, if we dock, which pier do we use?

We were the first or second ship to arrive the day we were there, and we tendered into Puerta Maya. I'm not crazy about tendering, but it really wasn't too bad.

We were the first or second ship to arrive the day we were there, and we tendered into Puerta Maya. I'm not crazy about tendering, but it really wasn't too bad.

I was hoping we'd dock, since we have an early non-Carnival excursion to swim with the dolphins. Do you know if they let you get in line early, if your excursion is not with Carnival? Thanks for the reply!

I think you could easily get on one of the first tenders. Although we didn't leave the ship till around 9, I went down earlier to check it out, and not very many people were ready to leave before 8. I think you'll be fine.

We were in Cozumel in August on the Holiday and had to tender in, we went down early that morning to get our tender tickets so that we could be some of the first to get off of the ship since we also had private excursions booked, we waited for 2 hours before we made it to the pier....and as for the Puerta Maya pier, since Wilma destroyed the shops and such, (they are supposed to be rebuilding it, but not sure of the progress) There are some places to shop and there are some places to eat, like Fat Tuesdays etc... you can also grab a taxi and go somewhere else if you want, just be warned, those taxi drivers drive like bats out of he!!. ;) A group of us got a van to go to Playa Uvas and I got to sit in the front seat and my knuckles were white when we got there from holding on!:eek: When we go in August I am happy to say we are going on a Jeep tour and I know the driver and will be more than happy to by pass the taxis!;)

You should tender in Cozumel.....I was on the Fantasy in January, and all of the ships that day (there were about 6 or 7 total) tendered. The pier in Cozumel was apparently destroyed in one of the hurricanes, and they are rebuilding it, but in January, it was nowhere near being completed. I don't care for tenders either, but I actually didn't mind the ones in Cozumel. One bit of advice....do NOT wait until the last minute to try to get a tender back to the boat....I did, and there was a LONG line (I waited in line for probably an hour). So, if you can, try to catch an early tender back to the boat. Have fun, and let us know how you liked the Fantasy!

Also, has anyone here visited Mr. Sanchos beach? Is it very good?

I went to Mr. Sanchos in January....the beach is beautiful, water is too. Some in my group did some snorkeling there and enjoyed it. There is a restaurant there, but I didn't eat there so I can't vouch for how good it is (or isn't). There are some small shops there, if you want to do some shopping. Hope you enjoy it!

With VIP check in.....

When you get to the cruise terminal in NO, you tell the person at the door that you are looking for the VIP check in, it is in the back, past the lines, it is like a little "lounge" area and they will have your check in info there. You get priority boarding and do not have to stand in the lines that everyone else does.;)

And this is due to the fact that we are in a Cat. 11? Well, thank goodness for relatively small favors!

Also, I'm STILL confused about the life vest comment. I'm not sure what that has to do with our location on the boat. Please forgive me for being dense, and I know that we have to do the life boat drill, but tell me again what the advantage is about the life vests, the drill and our cabin being on the Verandah deck.

Many thanks to one and all.

And this is due to the fact that we are in a Cat. 11? Well, thank goodness for relatively small favors!

Also, I'm STILL confused about the life vest comment. I'm not sure what that has to do with our location on the boat. Please forgive me for being dense, and I know that we have to do the life boat drill, but tell me again what the advantage is about the life vests, the drill and our cabin being on the Verandah deck.

Many thanks to one and all.

When you take your life vests back after muster you are very close to where you want to be for sailaway.those that are on the upper deck mid-ship and how long it will take them to get back to their room after drill drop of their vest and then get back to a good spot. When we had a cat 11 our muster station was on the lido deck, a quick walk back to your room and quick walk out to your sail away spot. The steps get really crowded and doesn't move very fast. It's just a alittle thought I had, worked for us.

Just wanted to say thanks to those who answered my questions about docking/tendering at Cozumel. We were there in late Nov./early Dec., and the Conquest and a Celebrity ship docked at the pier nearest downtown. The Rhapsody of the Seas docked at the other pier. So I don't understand why all the ships tendered in January. Interesting....

Does anyone know how far purta maya is from downtown? Is there anything good within walking distance? Carnival told me we would dock at Puerta Maya too.

Puerto Maya is the old Carnival dock that was destroyed. Ships do not dock there, they only tender in there. If you tender in, it is a $5-6 taxi drive (for 4 people) one way. I would not try to walk it.

Sometimes (like we did in December) the Fantasy gets to dock at Punta Langosta. This is the dock that has Carlos N Charlies at the end of it and you can walk the rest of the way to the San Miguel downtown area with no problem.

Docking or tendering depends on how many ships are in port that day.

Archived